Faux Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faux Burnt Ends

Picked up about 7 lbs chuck roast and seasoned with Slap Yo Daddy General Purpose Rub and placed them indirect

Cooked until they were probe tender

Let them rest a bit.

Cubed them up and placed in a mixing bowl

Added some bbq sauce, more rub and gave them a good toss and transferred them to an aluminum pan and back on the grill indirect.

They were on for about another hour indirect and I tossed them in the pan around the 30 minute mark to let the bottom ones caramelize a bit.
    Weber Performer, 26" Weber grill, 18" WSM, UDS, Santa Maria Grill

I like it! I'm gonna hafta try this one since I'm too much of a wuss and cheap ass to try a brisket cook.
    Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Brisket is about $1.50 cheaper per pound than chuck roast around here
      Yoder YS480
      Maverick 732
      Tappecue
      Thermapen

Comment

Nice cook. I have done that a couple times. Can't say they are Brisket burnt ends good, but they were pretty good
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigmikey View Post
          Brisket is about $1.50 cheaper per pound than chuck roast around here
          Not even close around here. Brisket is stoopid expensive.
          Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
            Nice cook. I have done that a couple times. Can't say they are Brisket burnt ends good, but they were pretty good
            These are a distant second to brisket burnt ends but still good. Like Jailer I'm too cheap to fork out some $$$ for a packer, they are ridiculously expensive around here too.

Comment

Faux Burnt Ends

Originally posted by Vermin99 View Post
              These are a distant second to brisket burnt ends but still good. Like Jailer I'm too cheap to fork out some $$$ for a packer, they are ridiculously expensive around here too.

Totally hear you on costs! If you have a Cash n Carry nearby, they are $2.77 lb right now. Best price I have seen in a LONG time around here anyways.
              sigpic

Comment

Love the faux!! Nicely done sir!

Yup, brisket is mucho expensive around these parts. I feel like if I can afford one, I'll need the new Weber to cook it on...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Looks Great, John!!!
                  I like it !!

Question----When you said "Probe Tender" Any idea what IT that was??

Both Brisket & Chuck Roasts are expensive around here!!! Anybody ever make Burnt ends out of Cheap Pork Loin????

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

I like chuck burnt ends. They cook up a lot faster. A lot less fat content. Most folks probably wouldn't even notice unless you told them.

You consistently post quality cooks. I'm sure this one is nothing less.
                    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Dang it man thems theres lookin mighty tastey!!! I don't think I could have waited to cube them, LOL one of them would have been lunch before cubing

Great Job!!!

DS
                      Desert Storm Vet - USS Midway CV41 - decom crew.
                      1930 Fridge Build
                      MES 30" With Mailbox Mod
                      Therma Pen
                      Maverick 732
                      Mini Therma Pen
                      Frog Mats
                      Weber Junior
                      AMPS & AMPTS

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                        Looks Great, John!!!
                        I like it !!

Question----When you said "Probe Tender" Any idea what IT that was??

Both Brisket & Chuck Roasts are expensive around here!!! Anybody ever make Burnt ends out of Cheap Pork Loin????

Bear
                        Didn't look at the temp, I'm guessing around 190-195. I have seen cooks using pork butt. I think pork loin would be too lean, you want to use something with a lot of fat in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin99 View Post
                          Didn't look at the temp, I'm guessing around 190-195. I have seen cooks using pork butt. I think pork loin would be too lean, you want to use something with a lot of fat in it.

OK---Good---Thanks!! 190° to 195° sounds Great !!

Must have had a Brain fart too----I know loin would be too lean---It was the Pork Loin Jerky that got me thinking goofy!!
                          LOL----I could take Pork Loin to 190°---Make Great logs for the wood stove!!!

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Nothing wrong with chuck burnt ends. Brisket and chuck are both excellent cuts that lend flavor and fat to the dish for flavorful succulent meat

Comment

Looks like the real thing to me
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X