What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimr View Post
    It didn't whinny when you sliced dem ribs out, did it??
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Looks like dog to me, just sayin
      2-22.5'' weber
      1-18'' weber
      1 smokey joe
      22.5'' wsm
      24'' smoke vault
      1-outhouse
      Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
      Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Always up for a good experiment...but secretly I think it is testicle and sphincter wrapped chuck bone. Quite a delicacy in some parts of the world.

Seriously, interested in how this turns out.
        BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
        Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
        I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

Appears to be the back bone just above where the hip or hams of the steer are separated. There is a short stretch of vertebre there that has no ribs attached. The small ribs are floaters. Yep someone screwed up that cut and you scored some loin for under two bucks! should be awesome, just don't overcook it. Let us know.
          JT

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky Fish View Post
            Appears to be the back bone just above where the hip or hams of the steer are separated. There is a short stretch of vertebre there that has no ribs attached. The small ribs are floaters. Yep someone screwed up that cut and you scored some loin for under two bucks! should be awesome, just don't overcook it. Let us know.
            Yup loin, pulled at 134F, foiled and in cooler for 1.5 hours. Had to sneak a taste just to see...Melt in mouth, no teeth required MMMMmmMMMmmMMm.
            Back in cooler.
            I'll post the pics in the beginning post.
            Pics are up! More to come later.
            Last edited by Mark R; 07-17-2010, 10:18 AM.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Here is the chuck finally at 200F.

Beginning to pull.

And pulled. This all went into vac seal and freezer for future use.
              Mark
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBQ Engineer View Post
                Always up for a good experiment...but secretly I think it is testicle and sphincter wrapped chuck bone. Quite a delicacy in some parts of the world.

Seriously, interested in how this turns out.
                He heee.....You Ain't Right!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Billy goat for sure
                  Col. Big Guy

Comment

Working...
                  X