Chick-fil-A Sandwich....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chick-fil-A Sandwich....

I've done these before and it's basically a knockoff of a Chick-fil-A sandwich when you don't have the technology of the restaurant. It's a very good home remedy.

Here's the recipe I use:

I started with 2 chicken breasts and made 8 cutlets out of the meat. For the thicker parts of the breast, pounded the cutlets down to about 1/2". I soaked them in some dill pickle juice for an hour at least but see below.

Ingredients

2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup flour
    Corn Starch (optional but I prefer it)
    ½ cup sour dill pickle juice
    2 tablespoons powdered sugar (granulated sugar works fine)
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    ½ cup skim milk
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon smitty’s or cayenne pepper (optional)
    ½ teaspoon black pepper
    ½ teaspoon garlic powder
    ½ teaspoon celery salt
    ½ teaspoon dried basil
    2 teaspoon coconut oil

Instructions

Wrap the chicken breasts loosely between plastic wrap and pound gently with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until chicken is about ½ inch thick all around.

Cut each chicken breast into two equal pieces (equal size cutlets), as even as possible.

Marinate the chicken breasts in the pickle juice for 30-60 minutes. (I've gone 3 hours to overnight)

If using corn starch blot the cutlets dry, dredge in starch before the egg wash.

Add egg, egg white and milk into bowl and whisk.

Combine the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.

Dip each chicken breast piece into the egg mixture on both sides, then coat in flour mixture on both sides.

Heat the coconut oil in a skillet to about 345-350 degrees.

Place chicken breasts in the pan, and lightly coat in coconut oil. Fry each chicken breast cutlet for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through. I go by internal temp.

Blot on paper towels and serve on toasted buns (we used steamed buns by hitting them in a microwave for about 20-30 seconds ) with pickle slices.

Really helps to have a Thermapen. I cook to 165°.

In the pan:

On the Plate:

They are good! My oldest ate 3 for dinner and my youngest had 2. If you want some sauce, we used Freddie's Fry sauce mostly and the 12 year old used a bit of ketchup

The chicken is very moist and tender with a great taste.

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas!
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Looks grate Pete!, I bet dey tasty!!!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Ohhhh yeah, looks grate Pete!! Lovin' the ingredients... specially the coconut oil! YUM!!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Oh yeah, good eats!
        Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
        Yoder YS640
        Weber Genesis
        Weber 18.5" Kettle
        Weber Performer
        Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

I've never been to a Chick-Fil-A, but Yours Looks Great, Pete!!!

Mighty Tasty from here!!---

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

never had a chick-fil-a before, but this sure looks good.
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Never been to chick-fil-a either but these look good enough to try regardless of where the inspiration came from.
              Bored Guy Blog

Comment

Nice execution Pete! Never been there either, butt heard they are great. Keep those kids fueled up
                sigpic

Comment

Well damn...That looks awesome...
                  I'll join the ranks of "never ate there" but I have been contemplating a grill version of the same...Not so sure I can pull it off

Points for a fine lookin sandwich and for the inspiration to proceed with my own...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Very nice looking sandwich Pete! I know for sure that it's got chick-filly beat hands down!
                    sigpic
                    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Nice looking sandwich.

Comment

I've actually ate there and that looks even more tasty
                        ~ George Burns

sigpic

Comment

Well..did a test run on this. My only change was sesame seed oil. It’s danged good! Now..I only had CF once..and THAT was in an airport. My oldest dau, being somewhat of a CF aficionado told me NOT to base my opinion on that one. Sooo.. I wait for the end of the month when she’s in for judging

PS: The sesame oil is really nice flavoring...
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                          X