Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 Home made pierogies...and creme brle
Last Post: Smooth E Smoke
Posted On: 12-14-2017
Replies: 6
Views: 53
0 English Mincemeat And What To Do With It :-) (yep, finally lol)
Last Post: HawgHeaven
Replies: 19
Views: 817
0 Tres leche cake
Last Post: curious aardvark
Replies: 3
Views: 45
0 Ribeyes with chimichurri.
Last Post: barkonbutts
Replies: 3
Views: 43
0 First crack at venison bacon
Last Post: Kicken Asphalt
Posted On: 12-13-2017
Replies: 9
Views: 185
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,464 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 42,981 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 644,840 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 09-13-2017, 02:07 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Default An Excellent Datil Hot Sauce.....

For those not familiar with the Datil Pepper, it is excellent. It's mainly grown in central Florida. It's hard to find and hard to grow depending on where you live. For example, wouldn't work in CO where I am.

Over the years, I was lucky enough to have two friends in FL that would send me fresh peppers. I would then make sauce from them. The recipe came from one friend whose FL family has a great cookbook that is as much a history lesson of FL and it's food as it is about food.

Anyway.......I just ordered this sauce from Amazon as my pepper supply route is gone. It's an Excellent hot sauce. I would describe it as a somewhat sweet heat but not too sweat. It's addicting. When I made basically the same sauce, I literally couldn't make enough and people offered to buy it from me.

With Amazon Prime, the price is very reasonable and unlike many hot sauces, the shipping doesn't kill you, it's free. It's also a seasonal sauce so you may want to order a bottle and see what you think. If you like it, get more. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Captain-Soren...l+pepper+sauce
Masterbuilt 7 in 1

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 09-13-2017, 07:29 PM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

I'm going to order this, but only because I definitely trust your judgement. I'm not a true pepper head, but I'm trying.

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 09-13-2017, 08:42 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Great sauce I'm sure...
Old 09-13-2017, 08:47 PM
Pepper Head

Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All
Abelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To AllAbelman Is  A Name Known To All

I'm pretty sure about this. Somewhere back when I sent a bottle or two of my homemade sauce to forum members but I have to admit, I don't exactly remember who.

If any of you received that sauce and liked it, this is almost exactly identical.
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 09-14-2017, 03:31 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Your word is good to me. Ordered. Thank you!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:33 PM
Cookin with fire

SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All
SMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To AllSMOKE FREAK Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelman View Post
I'm pretty sure about this. Somewhere back when I sent a bottle or two of my homemade sauce to forum members but I have to admit, I don't exactly remember who.

If any of you received that sauce and liked it, this is almost exactly identical.
I loved the sauce! So if this is (nearly) the same Buy it!!!
Old 09-16-2017, 11:05 AM
Pit Master

SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All
SmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To AllSmokinOutBack Is  A Name Known To All

Just got this delivered. All I can say is WOW!

@SmokinJim52 on Twitter
Old 09-16-2017, 11:16 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Hmm I think mine is coming today :{)
Old 09-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Pit Master

jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All
jwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To Alljwbtulsa Is  A Name Known To All

We have firehouse Sub restaurants in Tulsa. I can pick up whatever you want. Just let me know. It's pretty good.

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...
Old 09-22-2017, 01:54 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Just picked up some local resto homemade meatloaf...WOW is this sauce good on it. Need to make a loaf with it from the start as a baste...Mmm :{)
Old 09-22-2017, 02:07 PM
Pepper Head

Good idea Rich
Masterbuilt 7 in 1
Old 09-22-2017, 02:46 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Just picked up some local resto homemade meatloaf...WOW is this sauce good on it. Need to make a loaf with it from the start as a baste...Mmm :{)
Man, sounds like I gotta order summa dat! I love me some Secret Aardvark, butt it sounds like this is a bit sweeter. How does it compare Rich?

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 09-22-2017, 03:40 PM
The Mad Hunky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
Man, sounds like I gotta order summa dat! I love me some Secret Aardvark, butt it sounds like this is a bit sweeter. How does it compare Rich?
Much sweeter, but not cloyingly soo. More tomato flavor. Less heat. thicker texture.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:52 PM
<--- Me Li'l Sous Chef

HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All
HawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To AllHawgHeaven Is  A Name Known To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richtee View Post
Much sweeter, but not cloyingly soo. More tomato flavor. Less heat. thicker texture.
Cool. Thanx for the compare. Gotta get some ordered!

~ P4 ~

There are good ships and wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea,
But the best ships are friendships,
And may they always be.

http://www.hhsbbq.com
Old 10-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Pit Master

shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All
shellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To Allshellbellc Is  A Name Known To All

Well I asked Rich about his meatloaf with this datil sauce and here I am again, sitting here waiting for my order to ship!! Looking forward to it.
Earnhardt Jr smoker
Brinkman smoke n' grill
a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Old 10-12-2017, 09:37 PM
The Mad Hunky!

If you lack the tomato powder, some paste should serve admirably.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Sauces & Rubs