Smoked Chuck Hash n Blue Swede Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Chuck Hash n Blue Swede Breakfast

I was gifted some Red Angus chucks from my neighbor (again)....so into the drum they went with a bit of hickory.

I seasoned the beef with a blend of Kenny's Original and Harley's All Purpose..

Let the chucks catch smoke for a couple of hours...

added beef stock and onions....covered with foil and let em braise til tender...

First meal was smoked chuck and coors.

Breakfast the next morning...
    Fried tatoes, onions, scallions, garlic and smoked chuck...

Gathered the morning eggs and went with a Blue Swede duck egg as a topper..

duck eggs..

duck eggs and my "girl's" eggs...

(waiting for her favorite nest)

topped with Fletchers...

...and that's it. Breakfast!

It was a quick, simple breakfast but tasted good that morning!

Thanks for looking!
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

That is some beautiful marbling on those chuck roasts and everything looks delicious.

Comment

All I can say is, all that looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Are the adoption papers thru yet...?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by whistech View Post
        That is some beautiful marbling on those chuck roasts and everything looks delicious.
        Thank you Whistech! He raises some mighty tasty beef. I won't admit that his red angus are any tastier than my black, but they are delicious. lol

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
        All I can say is, all that looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Are the adoption papers thru yet...?
        lol The papers are in the mail! Thanks Phil!
        jeanie

Comment

that's my kind of breakfast, I'd only make one change, not a fan of duck eggs so I'd sub with about 10 Quail eggs.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
            that's my kind of breakfast, I'd only make one change, not a fan of duck eggs so I'd sub with about 10 Quail eggs.
            Thanks Ryan! Quail eggs are good eatin' too.
            jeanie

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
              Thanks Ryan! Quail eggs are good eatin' too.
              They're probably my favorite. Wish mine would start laying again. Ordered some new stock, got 600 in the incubator now. Shouldn't have an egg shortage again.
              sigpic

Comment

They're probably my favorite. Wish mine would start laying again. Ordered some new stock, got 600 in the incubator now. Shouldn't have an egg shortage again.
                That's great! What kind are you raising?
                jeanie

Comment

Mmm, like that! Like that method fer the chuckie, bet that tender! Chuckie, hash an a egg on top, Yessss.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Very nice Jeanie!
                    sigpic

Comment

That's great! What kind are you raising?
                      Coturnix, plan was to have enough to butcher regularly. But the chicks are usually sold before they hatch.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wait Jeanie, to be a "Blue Swede Breakfast", doesn't it have to have a banana split too? Kidding!
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                          Mmm, like that! Like that method fer the chuckie, bet that tender! Chuckie, hash an a egg on top, Yessss.
                          Thank you Mark! I think this might be my favorite way to "fix" chuck. They come out so tender. Hope you're having a great day! :)

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Very nice Jeanie!
                          Thanks so much Fishawn!

Coturnix, plan was to have enough to butcher regularly. But the chicks are usually sold before they hatch.
                          I had thought about getting that breed... also looking into the Texas A&M's.
                          I get a lot of bobwhites during hunting season but I sure love the eggs too.
                          Might be hitting you up for info in the future Ryan.. Thanks!
                          jeanie

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                            Wait Jeanie, to be a "Blue Swede Breakfast", doesn't it have to have a banana split too? Kidding!
                            jeanie

Comment

Thank you Mark! I think this might be my favorite way to "fix" chuck. They come out so tender. Hope you're having a great day! :)

Thanks so much Fishawn!

I had thought about getting that breed... also looking into the Texas A&M's.
                              I get a lot of bobwhites during hunting season but I sure love the eggs too.
                              Might be hitting you up for info in the future Ryan.. Thanks!
                              Ask away, don't get A&M's mean little bastards. Hate hijacking your thread but how do those blue swedes dress out? I have Pekins last 2 years and not to impressed with weight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X