No announcement yet.

What's your limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I gotta shave it to eat it, it goes bye-bye...

Truthfully, 3 to 5, depending on how well I hide the leftovers...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      3-4 days usually......
      I'll second this one.. If it's not gone in three or four days there was probably a reason for that and it shouldn't be allowed to take up space better food could be held in. Not sayin my wife can't cook good,,,, just sayin..
      sigpic

Don't let your meat loaf...

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...view=slideshow

Comment

Originally posted by DangerDan View Post
        I'll second this one.. If it's not gone in three or four days there was probably a reason for that and it shouldn't be allowed to take up space better for could be held in. Not sayin my wife can't cook good,,,, just sayin..
        You gonna show her this post and ask her opinion, Dan?
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

I think 5-7 days usually but I have gone as far as 10 days and I'm still here to talk about it........
          Craig
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            I think 5-7 days usually but I have gone as far as 10 days and I'm still here to talk about it........
            Glad someone else said it. I can be bad sometimes when it comes to using leftovers. But I won't go past 7 days. PERIOD. Usually I have a plan for it and used within 3 days. If not, it's vac'd and frozen for a later date.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Originally posted by new smoke View Post
              I'll go 7 days if I know it has been properly handled from start to finish. Hasn't killed me yet.
              I often BBQ for a week, and sometimes it's 7 days before we finish it all. Usually I grill sometime during that week but try to use up the regular grilled meats within 3-4 days. The only time we let meat sit out, though, is just before it goes in the smoker or grill, to warm up a bit, and resting for a half hour or hour(depending on the cut) after taking out of the cooker. No events so far from following those practices.
              DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

Hasn't killed me yet.
                Not that I'm busting balls here, or pickin' on ya NS..I ain't.

I DO wish this phrase could be eradicated from anything to do with food tho. The no-cure jerky comes to mind.

Now- whatever you do in the confines of your home- well, you know best I guess... but what worries me is someone reading these posts and not really being educated or experienced enough to be cutting any fine lines. Or a noob perhaps doing a big cook for a party or similar situation.

Anyway, just ranting here... and again, I'm not picking on anyone- just tryin' to set something right I (personally) see as a keg of unstable powder.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

If its off my smoker I have no problem with a week or so, but rare it lasts that long - smoking is an ancient form of preserving, isnt it?! "Regular" kitchen food, a week TOPS! Besides, my wife usually feeds it to my dog long before it might go bad! [ and yes, he eats ANYTHING he see's us eating - sometimes he will spit out a banana, but not always!]

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                    Not that I'm busting balls here, or pickin' on ya NS..I ain't.

I DO wish this phrase could be eradicated from anything to do with food tho. The no-cure jerky comes to mind.

Now- whatever you do in the confines of your home- well, you know best I guess... but what worries me is someone reading these posts and not really being educated or experienced enough to be cutting any fine lines. Or a noob perhaps doing a big cook for a party or similar situation.

Anyway, just ranting here... and again, I'm not picking on anyone- just tryin' to set something right I (personally) see as a keg of unstable powder.
                    Good point. I guess I need to think about the far reaches of some of the things that get posted here. Definately only speaking of foods for personal use. Worked foodservice for about 15 years, in my first life. When feeding others, it's a whole different ballgame.
                    My balls do kinda hurt, now.
                    Last edited by new smoke; 10-27-2010, 12:46 PM.
                    Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
                    Modified Chargriller RF
                    250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

4-5 days and then out back a bit on woodline for the fox's and coons....
                      Last edited by ALX; 10-27-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

My balls do kinda hurt, now.
                        sigpic
                        New Braunfels Bandera
                        New Braunfels Hondo
                        4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                        1-26" Weber Kettle
                        24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                        Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

If it's smoked, give it the smell test....ok nothing makes it past 3 or 4 days in the frige. Either freezed or dorg fuud at that point. Actually since I have two large dogs there is a continuing reserve for "spicing" up their dinner. They are weimaraners and they stopped chewing up my stuff when I started "supplementing" their diet!
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                          X