No announcement yet.

Holding burgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I left the extra burgers on the smoker in a foiled aluminum pan they just dried out.

Since I had a full kitchen today the pans of beef broth worked great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mmm! Nice work!
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
        Beef broth will work, in a catering pan with heat... foiled.
        X4 by now.....

Back in the 1980's I agreed to help my dad and his Kiwanis club man a food venue at the Nascar race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. We ended up with one of the main food buildings and worked our butts off. That is where I learned the hold them in beef broth trick. I was tasked with cooking the burgers on a very large commercial flat top. Between the wrecks, we would stock up a couple of hotel pans of broth which stayed on one of the sides of the flat top. After a wreck, the mad rush to food & beer hit us. Just flip 'em back on the flat top for a few seconds to crisp the outer surface back up, drop a cheese and onto a bun and out they went. We did the same thing with their big beef hotdogs. Worked great.
        Dave

I love coming home. My back porch smells just like a BBQ joint.....

Comment

I never, in all my cooking experience, would consider dunking a grilled hamburger in hot water.

These are the tricks to learn from others?

Comment

I've used pans with broth in my wattburner on low. Works! Used a couple sternos in it with no power.
            Mark
            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

great idea.
              Never would have thought of keeping burgers in soup
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

That's how we do it at the VFW when we have a band out back in the pavilion. Put a pot of beef stock right on the grill and put the burgers in it, then you just have to pull them out and cheese them.

Mustang electric smoker
                King Kooker vertical gasser
                Charbroil silver smoker
                Earnhardt Jr smoker
                Brinkman smoke n' grill
                a-maze-n cold smoker rack

USMC vet 87 - 91

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                  @rich

Now you can make bigger burgers :-)
                  Product flaw! That requires suction instead of gravity, I say recall!

Comment

got me some old solid bricks...wrapped in foil...then in me rtic cooler...i'm a cheep a$$...no yeti! towels & cover...gig on...did about 75 burgers pre-cooked...you on that for a slice of cheese & build your burger...
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Working...
                    X