Clear All

• cleaning the glass ?

any tips for cleaning the glass
    i've only used it twice so far

cleaning the glass ?

Originally posted by mowarren View Post
    any tips for cleaning the glass

i've only used it twice so far

Spray bleach on a paper towel and wipe the smoke off the glass comes right off.. Then follow up with soap and water. Make sure the glass is cool to the touch..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

thanks i'll try it

Comment

i'm a lazy ass...when it gets dark i use the cheap oven cleaner from dollar store & rinse it bad booger good!
        Sunset Eagle Aviation
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Get it hot and toss in some water. Steam will reduce most crap to a wipeable gel in seconds.
          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            Get it hot and toss in some water. Steam will reduce most crap to a wipeable gel in seconds.
            Yeah what Rich said. Although mines about a 1/4" thick and not sure it will work this time around.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DanMcG View Post
              Yeah what Rich said. Although mines about a 1/4" thick and not sure it will work this time around.
              Heh..well seasoned eh? Don’t think I want to see anyway. Worry for nuthin’ is all that’s gonna be for me
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Glad my Longhorn aint got a window to clean
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

I hope the glass was empty.
                  Mark
                  sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                  Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

If you're talking about an MES window, I wouldn't spray much water in there. Electric & Water don't seem to mix well.

The best thing I ever used was ashes from a Woodstove or Fireplace. You just ball up a damp paper towel & touch it in the ashes. Then scrub all the crap off the window. Follow that up with just a couple of wet paper towels.

Without ashes, I just use Windex when cold. I open the door all the way & spray it so nothing oversprays into the smoker. Each time you go over it with a clean Paper towel & another spray, it gets better. Takes about 4 or 5 rounds---Less than 5 minutes.

If you let it go much too long, use a razor blade (Widget) first to get most of it off (When glass is cold).

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                      Spray bleach on a paper towel and wipe the smoke off the glass comes right off.. Then follow up with soap and water. Make sure the glass is cool to the touch..
                      This worked for me on a glass Pyrex pie pan I used for smoking nuts in. Wife asked where it was I used Ken's bleach/water with a scrubby, then blue Dawn to finish washing and rinse well. You couldn't tell it was almost Black before
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                        I hope the glass was empty.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

thanks for all the ideas i can see thru it sounds like thats better than some others :)

Comment

Working...
                          X