No announcement yet.

New Smoke Hollow smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind something like that! Helped a Navy guy load his rental truck to move from SC to San Diego and I took his charcoal/gas grill off his hands. Gave him $100 for it.
    www.nopigleftbehind.com
    -----------------------------

Comment

nice versatile unit.......and to see ya putting it through the paces is a thing of beauty!
      sigpic
      it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Holding temps in 4 degree weather? I'm really impressed. Nice score erain.
        sigpic
        BGE XL
        BGE Mini
        MAK 1 star #385
        Bradley OBS w/Mods
        Weber 22.5 WSM
        Weber 22.5 Kettle
        Pit Barrel Cooker
        La Caja China
        Mini-WSM

Comment

erain I've been looking for another smoker (vertical) and have been looking hard at a (#3 smoking-it) but now after reading this thread I think I'll slip over to our sam's club and check it out. Thanks for the post. Your picture of the hot dogs makes my mouth water. Now I have to convince the little lady I need another unit for stuff. I'm sorta compulsive she claims one is never enough of anything neither is two, Three might get me by in a pinch and four well now I might could live with that. A man can never have enough smokers or cookers can he fellas ?
          You guys should of heard the misses complain when I told her I was spending $425.00 dollars to get a main drive gear made for my 24liter F.Dick Stuffer because I had loaned to a friend an he broke the main drive gear.(don't even want to know how it happened) I have had this stuffer for close to 45 years almost ever since I started in the meat business and it was old when I bought it. Anyway the gear was no longer made I even called the factory in Germany with No Luck so had to have one made. The wife said the stuffer is old and not worth the cost, so I says your probably right Honey as always. I'll just get a New one with the stainless steel barrel and base. She says so what will that cost and I says somewhere around $2000.00 Dollars well needless to say I got the old one repaired and she was Happy, LOL Later Rookie07
          Last edited by Rookie07; 01-04-2015, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I think you'll be happy with it. We've only had ours a few months but I use it every chance I get. In fact.... I have chicken in it right now. Cheers in the great score!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam3 View Post
              Holding temps in 4 degree weather? I'm really impressed. Nice score erain.
              Yes had no problem, it was really windy out yesterday and i did make a wind break out of a piece of cardboard and some coolers and it did the trick not to mention was a bit colder out. Actually The thing i want to see is how it handles in warmer temps... how low a temp will it let me go with.

Originally posted by Westtxsmoke View Post
              I think you'll be happy with it. We've only had ours a few months but I use it every chance I get. In fact.... I have chicken in it right now. Cheers in the great score!
              Just did bacon in mine and turned out great. So so far it has worked well. Got a couple hams next in line to be smoked.
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Nice unit erain. I love all of the new gadgets, accessories, and the window. I know what you mean about posting pics. While I still make sausages, ribs, butts and fatties I've just got so many pics they all start looking alike so I just don't post them much anymore. If at some point I do something I think is exciting (ala Jeanie) I'll post it.
                sigpic

GOSM/propane
                UDS (Cam)/lump
                22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                Weber Genesis/propane
                Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Nice smoker! Congratulations!
                  Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

Oooh pictures of a virgin smoker! Nice! That sausage looks great! Nicely done!
                    Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
                    Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
                    A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
                    A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
                    Frogmats
                    Maverick ET 732
                    Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

I bought this same smoker at SAMs for much cheaper than anywhere else. As I suspected since it's a 2 piece unit that it leaks where the box and the rack is so to fix this I just went to the auto parts place and got some high temp gasket sealer and its works perfect. I highly recommend this one to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X