• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's next?

http://blackolivegrill.com/products/pellet-grill-l/

Never heard of such a thing
    Craig
    sigpic

I have actually seen a couple used for sale on Craigerslist in the Seattle area in the past few months. Don't know anything aboot em though
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
      I have actually seen a couple used for sale on Craigerslist in the Seattle area in the past few months. Don't know anything aboot em though
      Must be some good gear then if folks are selling them instead of keeping them...
      Wait...In your area people sell Webers for next to nothing...
      Never mind
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Looks expensive.
        Bored Guy Blog

Comment

what i was thinking - kamados aren't exactly cheap. Throw all that gear on and the price will no doubt skyrocket.

Betcha you'd get a full size pellet pooper for the same money or less.
          Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
          Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Nah, I don't see me buying one of those... Can't imagine the cost of one.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yeah for the price of that rig I could buy one heck of a stick burner AND the wood to fuel it with...
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

There is no perfect smoker/grill. They all have their pros and cons. The kamado style has become so popular eveyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Even Weber has produced an overpriced kamado for people who don't know any better so why not a pellet pooping kamado?

I've known about the Black Olive for, I believe, a couple of years now. Its not something I would personally consider as I see all kinds of problems with that design but I understand why someone would combine the two styles.

Ask yourself what one smoker/grill would you buy if you had unlimited resources. I know which cooker I would choose but even that tool has a couple of drawbacks.

The Caliber is another kamado style smoker/grill that may interest somebody.

Hell, even Viking produced a kamado but I believe they discontinued it.
                sigpic
                Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
                -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
                -AMNPS
                -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
                gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

I agree the kamado style has gained a large following.

The insulated dual walled metal has been around for quite a while.

One that has been around for a long time is what I grill on. A Keg
                  I bought mine long ago for $250 thru HD.

Another one for lesser money is the Acorn.

I also agree that no one cooker can do it all perfectly.
                  I subscribe to a smoker is a smoker and a grill is a grill. Proper tool for the right job.
                  While some can do either job at given times, but the best and easiest way if one can afford to do is have a dedicated smoker and a dedicated grill.
                  JMHO-YMMV
                  Jim

Comment

ain't noooo way i'm gonna pay about 1500 bux for dat! plus shipping...
                    Sunset Eagle Aviation
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
                      ain't noooo way i'm gonna pay about 1500 bux for dat! plus shipping...
                      X2
                      Craig
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X