Drain spout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
    Never used muffler cement on a smoker, didn't know ya could. Probably cheaper than high temp silicone/oven sealant/fire chimney sealer.
    Darn right Davidmcg, sure can. Best seal you can get. Just make sure to heat to 350 for 15 minutes and it's cured. Good to go.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
    KCBS CBJ

Comment

I'm just gonna tack weld a piece of 3/4" pipe threaded with a cap. I gotta be simple. That is next got a plug in the hole right now,
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
        Darn right Davidmcg, sure can. Best seal you can get. Just make sure to heat to 350 for 15 minutes and it's cured. Good to go.
        Alright Zeek, I learned a new thing today, thank you.
        sigpic

Comment

davidmcg: Just don't use it on gaskets, doesn't have the flex that high heat silicon has.
          I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
          KCBS CBJ

Comment

yea I didn't think it would work any place you need any flex. But around drains and the intake for a drum will be great. Headed to the auto parts place today and the stuff is on my list. Thanks again Zeek.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
              I would advise to get a half pint of muffler cement to seal the flange in and screw your ball valve into the flange and presto, you got a drain. Walk in the park bud.
              Points for ya bud for the suggestion.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys good info...good question I know it helped me....good responce...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davidmcg View Post
                  Just remember, don't leave that drain valve open while your smoking. It will screw up the air inputs. I did that a while back and it took me about a month to figure out what I had done wrong. Good luck to ya, modding a smoker is a great thing to do.
                  Hmmm ya think a 3/4 pipe away from the firebox will cause that much problem? Well, you said it did...but I guess I'm..err..suprised?
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

You are most likley going to need a cleaning rod using only 3/4 inch. The pic I posted of mine is 1 3/4 inch You know all them bit's and pieces along with grease and cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Hmmm ya think a 3/4 pipe away from the firebox will cause that much problem? Well, you said it did...but I guess I'm..err..suprised?
                      It did on mine any how. I think a lot of it has to do with the wind. We get a lot of wind out here and I usually don't set up the wind break screen unless the wind is humming at 15mph or more.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
                        You are most likley going to need a cleaning rod using only 3/4 inch. The pic I posted of mine is 1 3/4 inch You know all them bit's and pieces along with grease and cheese.
                        Yea ya know, you got a point there. I wish I would have made mine bigger. As you say, bits and pieces sure do clog it up at times. So I keep a little rod handy to clear it out. But on any future ones I make I'll be going bigger.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                          Except the hammer doesn't wake up the farmer.
                          When I was younger I'd just go to a bar and drink to much, always woke with a pig.

Comment

Working...
                          X