thermometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermometer

Hello smoker I 'm thinking about buying remote smoker thermometer what is the best brand to buy.Or do I need a remote at all

thanks Glen

I use a Maverick ET-73... It works great. I do like the convenience of having to remote in the house when Im busy making a sauce or side.. And on bad weather days..
    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Hi Glen.. A remote thermomter is something i would definately reccomend.. Lots of good brands out there.. I own 2 mavericks and a weber...You can find some good prices online at places like amazon... Here is a link...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...t-73&x=20&y=19
      Last edited by Jaxgatorz; 03-08-2009, 04:13 PM.
      Mike
      Smokin' in Fla
      Go Gators
      My toys
      sigpic

Comment

yeap, what they said.........the Maverick Redi-Chek ET-73 ROX !

let us not cry because we lost someone, but let us smile because we enjoyed their company for what time was allowed us!

Comment

The only one I ever owned is a Redi Check. Works great. I just had to replace batteries last week after a year of use.
          sigpic
          Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Yeah the remotes are the way to go. I just ordered 2 Mavericks as well. Clip on your belt kind...sos you aint gotta sit on the smoker!
            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Another to the mav's. I have a few of them. Never let me down yet!
              Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dan View Post
                How many of them do you have, Capt? I'm wondering because my only concern with owning more than one remote therm is the frequencies getting out of wack.

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                sigpic

Comment

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i've had great luck with et-73
                  Terry here
                  Still have Christene

Comment

I have 4 of them Laurel, and have run them all at the same time without problems.And other remotes too.I could give ya the numbers but some are packed away in the comp box for now. I use the 73 the most, and sometime the 7 I think. I will tell you though. I used to use every therm I had, but after a while, I have learned my pit a bit better and don't even"stick" the meats until 4-5 hrs into a smoke.If its a small item like a fatty or loin, or steak, I use a smaller "pen style" digital, and just check it quickly when I think it is close. I have gotten into the habit of using the small Taylor "weekender" for even burgers or steaks on the grill.
                    Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

Originally posted by sumosmoke View Post
                      How many of them do you have, Capt? I'm wondering because my only concern with owning more than one remote therm is the frequencies getting out of wack.
                      Sumo -- I had 2 of them going last weekend and they were cross-talking a little bit so heads up. First time I had done that (I recently got my 2nd ET-73) so I will have to see as I was planning to add more thermo holes in the drum.
                      Glen
                      Large Vertical & 3 UDS (Illini drum by Bubba before he went big-time)
                      KCBS CBJ
                      Blue Thermopen
                      Profile:
                      http://www.coltecconsulting.com

Comment

I have 4 of them Laurel, and have run them all at the same time without problems.And other remotes too.I could give ya the numbers but some are packed away in the comp box for now. I use the 73 the most, and sometime the 7 I think. I will tell you though. I used to use every therm I had, but after a while, I have learned my pit a bit better and don't even"stick" the meats until 4-5 hrs into a smoke.If its a small item like a fatty or loin, or steak, I use a smaller "pen style" digital, and just check it quickly when I think it is close. I have gotten into the habit of using the small Taylor "weekender" for even burgers or steaks on the grill.
                        Originally posted by flyin' illini View Post
                        Sumo -- I had 2 of them going last weekend and they were cross-talking a little bit so heads up. First time I had done that (I recently got my 2nd ET-73) so I will have to see as I was planning to add more thermo holes in the drum.
                        Good info from both of you, thanks for the input. I've been toying with the idea of biting the bullet and purchasing one of those thermo-pens. With the amount of probes and unit's I've gone through I might as well have spent the money on one of those.

Lang 48 Patio | Brinkmann gourmet charcoal water smoker
                        Yellow Thermapen | Maverick ET-73 | Maverick ET-72
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Dude View Post
                          the Maverick Redi-Chek ET-73 ROX !
                          What he said . . .

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                          X