Turkey breast roasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey breast roasts

Hi everyone, new comer here and just wanted to share some pictures of Saturday's dinner. Two turkey breast roasts. Smoked at ~ 245 deg F for 5 hr 45 min with apple wood. One seasoned with a chicken wing dust purchased from a Western, PA spice company and the other just a simple homemade rub (paprika, brown sugar, season salt, onion and garlic powder, chili powder, and black pepper).

I love pulled pork and ribs but turkey is becoming one of my favorite items to smoke. Very tender and juicy and great flavor.

I'm still new to smoking so I am still looking for that perfect dry rub. Nothing I've tried (mostly homemade) has been what I am looking for. I guess I'll just have to keep making food to try out rubs.
    Attached Files

Well that looks very good to me...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Nice looking Turkey breast.

Comment

looks great! love smoked turkey on sandwiches.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Looks Great from the Bear Den!!--- (Later--Cops Got me!!) Finally Got your points!!

Nice Job!!

Bear
          Last edited by Bearcarver; 04-26-2017, 08:46 AM.
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by a207769s View Post
            I'm still new to smoking so I am still looking for that perfect dry rub. Nothing I've tried (mostly homemade) has been what I am looking for. I guess I'll just have to keep making food to try out rubs.
            First off those hunks of meat look DELICIOUS! I like you have a soft spot for smoked turkey. I brine them up and spin on my rottisserie very very tasty. As for rubs I love Mad Hunky general purpose rub as a base. I like to add in a teaspoon of chipotle powder and a 1/4 cup of brown sugar to 1 cup of the commercial rub. Or if I have it and especially for turkey(trust me) if you can come across some maple sugar or maple syrup powder use that instead of the brown sugar. Looking forward to seeing more of your cooks.

Here's a link to the mad hunky store.

www.madhunkymeats.com

And for the maple powder should you choose to indulge.
            https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Vermont-...R38Y09D38TJ8E2

Comment

Thanks I will check out those products. I like the idea of maple powder. Sounds like it works add an interesting flavor profile.

I also apologize for posting this here. Just saw the page dedicated to such posts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

No worries man. Looks good. Try some of Rich's poultry brine. I think you will find it lends a flavor and juiciness to that type of cut. Then you can start experimenting but have a backup just in case. his brine has been referred to as having an aroma of something like Stouffer stovetop dressing. a good herbal aroma without being too over powerful. I like it because it is formulated where I don't have to rinse the meat prior to cooking. it will save your ass if you ever grill skilled/boneless chicken.
                sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Working...
                X