Interesting/Pathetic Story on Refridgerated Food Delivery Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyote View Post
    wonder if this problem has been corrected?

bringing perishables to the desert must be a challenge today and what it was years ago is another story.

I watched a show on food inspectors years back, most put their nose right on the product and smelled it. said it was the best way to get their nose to find a hint of spoilage.

I have been doing this now for some time. works for me I have put so much chicken back and even beef that smelled funny

Must be why we get so many food packages with "Nose-Prints" all over them!!

Bear
    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Hey, the nose knows...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Sure is a lot of necro-posting going on here lately...

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
        so now yer puttin' it on me!!

look, everyone who draws a paycheck from the food industy is responsible for the safety of it's patrons. i hate those who just don't give a shit and pass the buck.....that's how people get sick and unfortunately some die. what if the guys at discount tire or your favorite airline had that view. for the most part, people in the food industry (that i have been around) care about the products we serve and value customer confidence.

btw - nice article b-day boy!
        This issue is especially tough here in the Valley of the Un-relenting, Oppressive, Brutal & Just Freaking Hot Sun during the summer. I'm not directly in the food service industry bhut closely associated to it & have seen Chefs turn back a shipment because they weren't confident it was safe.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
        Paul

Comment

i have refused items for many different reasons.......i gotta say temp has to be the least of them. i know my drivers and do spot checks and the cold/frzr items always come cold or frozen.............it's when i see a new/different driver that i am more diligent.
          sigpic
          it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
            i have refused items for many different reasons.......i gotta say temp has to be the least of them. i know my drivers and do spot checks and the cold/frzr items always come cold or frozen.............it's when i see a new/different driver that i am more diligent.
            Yup. Gotta check the temps when they come in the door.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I just finished ServSafe 1 last week and it has made so much more sense of what I've learned here in the past few years. They really stressed the logistics and delivery with key people trained to receive and inspect. God knows what's up for key drop's.

It's been nearly 100 F in my area all summer, so I would think frozen shipments delivered in the cooler hours of the day would make sense. Less taxing on he refrigeration equipment of the truck, less sitting in traffic in the heat and sun,
              and a better safety factor with less reject issues.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Working...
              X