Labor Day Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day Smoke

Had a good smoke yesterday. Did some chicken leg 1/4's and a pork shoulder. Brined chicken with regular brine that I added some white wine to. Then made a compound butter with fresh tarragon and thyme. Turned out really good. The pork I rubbed and then after few hours spritzed with a 5-1 solution of apple juice and a liquor called Cabin Fever. It is whisky that they add maple syrup to it. Not the best stuff to drink, a little too sweet for my taste, but was real good for this. Sorry, no pics this time, that darn picture taking phone thingy was dead, (someone forgot to charge it)
    GOSM
    Sausagemaker's Country Smokehouse
    Charcoal Grill
    Stainless Steel Gas Grill (for when I'm really lazy)

Woah... I brined a whole yardbird with white wine, and made roasted garlic compound butter. Huh...GMTA :{) AND took no pix! But I did mine on Labor Day- Heh...Sounds good!
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Sounded like a great Labor Day smoke. Pic's next time. Maybe Memorial Day.
      Last edited by SmokinLee; 09-07-2010, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokinLee View Post
        Is this like a Christmas in July. I like it, Memorial Day in Sept.
        I thought it was just me
        Scarbelly

Comment

Labor Day!!! Dang it, I switch those all the time, and no I dont know my left from right either. Oh well, rather have screwed up day than meat
          GOSM
          Charcoal Grill

Comment

Wife and I both have type 2 diabetes so don't keep sugared syrups in the house as we can't use them on waffles or pancakes. IDEA!!! for the mention of maple syrup flavor in a mopping sauce. I can and do use some sugar in marinades and mops(on the rare ocassion that I mop), so having some maple syrup in the house will give flavor options we wouldn't have otherwise.
            DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

Originally posted by BrewMasterJosh View Post
              Labor Day!!! Dang it, I switch those all the time, and no I dont know my left from right either. Oh well, rather have screwed up day than meat
              for a fine riposte! En garde! Even got you your first bright green dot! Whatever that's good for...
              In God I trust- All others pay cash...
              Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
              Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

No pics

I was gonna give ya some crap about the holiday, I was beaten to it , then I was gonna give ya crap about the no pics , but you got my attention with 2 words,
                " Cabin Fever ", I'm bettin' that would add a nice flavor to some homemade breakfast sausage.

GOSM
                K.C.B.S Member # 60786
                Digital Thermometers
                Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
                140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Thanks Northern. Yes Cabin Fever worked out well. Gonna have to see how it works in sausage soon.
                  GOSM
                  Charcoal Grill

Comment

Working...
                  X