My Saturday Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Saturday Cook

Here's a couple pics of my Saturday cook. In the aluminum pan is a chunk of ham from the freezer that I decided to "double smoke" for snacks... really gives it a "flavor pop". There's also a cheap summer sausage from Menards, they're pretty greasy, strong spicy taste, but no smoke flavor. However the price is right. Giving it some extra smoke helped on all counts. A mild but definite smoke flavor and far less greasy.

On the cookie tin is an eye of round and a fatty with a bacon wrap. The extra pieces of bacon left after I wrapped the fatty got put on the chicken legs and breast. I sure wish the bacon on a fatty would get crispy like it did on the chicken!

Here's the fatty and the eye of round sliced. The fatty is "not too hot" italian sausage I get from a local butcher, stuffed with ham, blue cheese, a jalapeno and a cowhorn pepper, and garlic chives. Turned out the best I've done so far... my fourth fatty I think. The eye of round I took out at 130° and let it rest about half an hour. Closest thing to prime rib I can afford!

It was a windy day so I shielded the smoker from the wind on two sides. When the temps drop as winter approaches, I plan to throw a welding blanket over the smoker too. In wintertime the vertical will be my main outdoor smoker. It's a lot easier to shield from the wind and insulate than the chargriller.
    DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Nice looking assortment, Denny. I certainly didn't see anything there that I wouldn't eat!
    sigpic
    Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Double D!...You on it! Got a lota smoke goin on there!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I wanna eat at your house...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Now that's some great looking chow. I'm officially starving. Have to stop staring at food pics when hungry. Need to make dinner or I'm driving to your house.
          S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
          CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
          New Braunfels Bandera
          UniFlame Gas Grill
          Lil Chief

Comment

Just looking at the those great views caused my cholestrol count to go up....

Comment

Obviously not your first rodeo. Great stuff!
              JT

Comment

N I C E!!! And eye of round huh I might try that, how long did you smoke it?
                sigpic

Char-Griller Outlaw w-SFB & (mods)
                30" Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse

Comment

Originally posted by BigPoppaDW View Post
                  N I C E!!! And eye of round huh I might try that, how long did you smoke it?
                  I don't think I wrote that down, but it's real important to pull an eye of round at the right temperature, because they get tough quick if any more done than med-rare. I usually keep a probe to a remote tmp gauge in them, because once they get up to around 110° the temperature can go up quickly. MY wife used to want everything med-well, but since I've been doing more and better 'Q she appreciates that many cuts of meat are at there best cooked to med-rare.
                  DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

That is one great looking feast right there -
                    Scarbelly

Comment

Some real good lookin eats there. Hope my fattie comes out that nice
                      GOSM
                      Sausagemaker's Country Smokehouse
                      Charcoal Grill
                      Stainless Steel Gas Grill (for when I'm really lazy)

Comment

Dang Denny,
                        Pork, beef, chicken - you got it covered brother! Nice looking eye of round .

Comment

Working...
                        X