No announcement yet.

A Batch of Bierocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be the first time I've seen a proper bierock outside of my home town! Awesome! They are so good!

That's pretty much the exact recipe I grew up eating except no DO. Now, we add a little shredded chedder to the filling.

When my wife makes them, sometimes she buys Rhodes brand dough from the freezer section.
    Good One Heritage Oven
    Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Kinda like a pastie from the UP dere eh! Rib stickin' fare here folks... and with some gravy... oooo!
      First thing that came to my mind too. Freekin love them.

Love the DO touch with this. Something very new to me, but it seems you and Becky have this type of cooking nailed down.
      Excellent cook Jeanie.
      sigpic
      BGE XL
      BGE Mini
      MAK 1 star #385
      Bradley OBS w/Mods
      Weber 22.5 WSM
      Weber 22.5 Kettle
      Pit Barrel Cooker
      La Caja China
      Mini-WSM

Comment

Never heard of them before.

They look awesome.

Comment

Bierocks are a new one on me. You can be sure they are on my ever expanding list.

Love the DO in an old wheel
          I put mine in an old round metal oil drain pan. It's a perfect fit.
          sigpic
          Fully Accessorized Primo XL Oval,
          -BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2,
          -AMNPS
          -And various other do-dads, gimmicks,
          gizmos and hornswaggles

Comment

Those look amazing!! They look really similar to a Runza(fast food chain). Its a Nebraska thing!

Just looked up on Wikipedia bierock is a runza. In Nebraska they are rectangular and in Kansas they make them round. I like mine with mushroom and swiss. Yours look great I just can't seem to duplicate the dough that runza uses.
            sigpic

Comment

Lena uses the Rhodes rolls to make them...They turn out fantastic...
              Hope this gets her inspired to make some soon....
              Craig
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                Those look amazing!! They look really similar to a Runza(fast food chain). Its a Nebraska thing!

Just looked up on Wikipedia bierock is a runza. In Nebraska they are rectangular and in Kansas they make them round. I like mine with mushroom and swiss. Yours look great I just can't seem to duplicate the dough that runza uses.
                My Stepmom makes Runzas. She's Scandahoovian, and makes them with with burger, onion, and if she's feeling wild, makes them spicy, which means she uses salt and pepper.....
                Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Very cool, I too have never heard of these. I will have to give them a try this weekend.

Comment

Wow jeanie, they look wonderful!! I've never heard of them, butt certainly gonna give them a try!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

I'm thinkin' this one goes on the list, nicely done Jeanie.

Not much for plain old cabbage. I wonder how sauerkraut would work?

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post

I was going to say that they look exactly like the Runza's that my mom makes. Man I love those things!!!! Awesome job!
                        Propane Smoke Shack
                        UDS
                        Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
                        sigpic

Comment

So they are not served with a gravy? Man I dig this place. Soo many ideas/much education :{)
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Another fine job Jeanie. Now I have to make some, which I have not done in a while.
                            Thanks for the reminder. Pass a Fat Tire this way!

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments everybody!
                              I've only had bierocks with cabbage and beef in them, will give your variations a try, thanks!! I've not tried using store bought bread dough, usually have the ingredients on hand for dough but will pick up some frozen next time I'm in town.

An elderly German lady taught me how to make them. Apparently they are popular in Kansas and the Midwest.

No gravy on them Rich. :)
                              Most folks make them with lots of cabbage but I like them with more meat instead. Also heavy on the black pepper.

Thanks again everyone! :)
                              jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X