A Batch of Bierocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Batch of Bierocks

Nothing fancy, just a batch of bierocks.

I brown some burger with onions, garlic, cabbage, salt and lots of pepper. I like mine on the meatier side. (less cabbage/more beef)

make my dough...

1 1/4 cups of warm water
    1 pkg of yeast
    2 TBs oil
    2 tsp sugar
    1 tsp salt
    3 1/2 cups of flour (more if needed)
    I dissolve the yeast in water, add the sugar, oil and then the salt.. stir in 2 cups of flour and add enough of the remaining flour to make the dough come together. Knead 5 minutes, cover and rest for 1 hour.

let it rise one hour..

fill the dough... I usually get around 7 to 9 bierocks, depending on how big I make them.

they take about 30 minutes..

I like to individually wrap and freeze extras for a quick meal later.

Thanks for looking!
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Wow! That looks amazing Jeanie! I've never heard of it, but sure do want to give it a try.

Comment

wow ! never seen that before.

Have some bierock .

Meat Stuffed tear and share rolls - okay that I have to try !
      Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
      Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thank you both! They are easy to make and handy to have for a quick meal.
        jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Those look great Jeanie. The bierocks I've had have always had a spice in the meat mixture. Dunno maybe allspice or nutmeg. Think I would like your approach better. Also the D O is the kicker. Great post.
          JT

Comment

Love them things. I made some corned beef, kraut and swiss a coupla weeks ago. They freeze we'll too. Skies the limit on filings. Yours look real nice like that dinner roll style,

Comment

Sorry Jeanie, points police got me. Great meal and thanks for posting!
              Pete
              Large BGE
              Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Those look mighty tasty! Good choice on the beer
                sigpic

Comment

Now that's a woman after my heart .... I grew up on them and now the wife makes them on occasion

Never had them out of a Dutch oven but those sure look good and the seasonings are right there .... You go cowgirl

Comment

My mother as she is a bit older uses Bridgeford bread that you find in the freezer section...I think She cuts in in 1/4's ....then rolls it out.......

This is not to take away from making your own dough... I just wanted to throw out another option.
                    Last edited by Checkered Past; 06-10-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Got ya covered Pete. They look REALLY good. I think I could even do it.
                      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

They look like a winner for the hunt camp!
                        Bettin Becky gonna be on this!

Sure looks good enough fer a home try, be onit!
                        Mark
                        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

One of my favorite dishes growing up, Cowgirl. When I make them I add a little yellow mustard to the filling. It goes really well with the cabbage/meat/ mix as it steams away while baking.

Comment

Kinda like a pastie from the UP dere eh! Rib stickin' fare here folks... and with some gravy... oooo!
                            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
                            X