A Skirt Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Skirt Steak

Nothing fancy, just a skirt steak. Marinated the steak in some Alegro before I left home. Bagged and threw it into the ice chest so it would be ready to cook when I hit the lake.

Started the fire...

onions, peppers and garlic..

it was dark by the time I made my fajita, topped it with fresh pico and a squeeze of lime.

It's got to be one of the easiest quickest meals to make either camping or at home. Simple but tasty at the time!

Thanks for looking!
    jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Ahhhhhhhhh........looks wonderful. Never seen a skirt steak that big before. Lake looks a little choppier than usual.
    sigpic

GOSM/propane
    UDS (Cam)/lump
    22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
    Weber Genesis/propane
    Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

Thank you Lou, it was a windy night. Bout blew me away. lol
      jeanie

Comment

I love your camp cooks!! Again, you never cease to amaze me! Love the fishing rod prop you do... and I think you got this tractor wheel cooking thing down!!

I have never seen a skirt steak that big either... especially around these parts. Dang that looks goooood!!

Meant to ask you, what do you use for bait/lures when fishing? When the papers come thru, I'll need to know...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Nothing like cooking over a open fire!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
            I love your camp cooks!! Again, you never cease to amaze me! Love the fishing rod prop you do... and I think you got this tractor wheel cooking thing down!!

I have never seen a skirt steak that big either... especially around these parts. Dang that looks goooood!!

Meant to ask you, what do you use for bait/lures when fishing? When the papers come thru, I'll need to know...
            Phil thank you!! When I get to the lake I put the poles in the water before doing anything else. They pretty much stay up the whole week.
            I use anything I can for bait. lol I also use any kind of lures. I'm not picky, I'll try it all!
            Still getting those adoption papers in order.

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
            Nothing like cooking over a open fire!!
            Thank you Brian!
            jeanie

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
              Phil thank you!! When I get to the lake I put the poles in the water before doing anything else. They pretty much stay up the whole week.
              I use anything I can for bait. lol I also use any kind of lures. I'm not picky, I'll try it all!
              Still getting those adoption papers in order.
              Cool!! I Love fly fishing and conventional/bait casting. Ditched all me spinning gear years ago. I'm heading out with some friends Halloween weekend to MY favorite retreat for a few days. Gonna be a blast. Cooking. Eating. Wine. Relaxing. Wine. Photography. Did I mention wine?

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

looks great girl!!!
                good pics...
                nice...
                ~All that is gold does not glitter ~ Not all those that wander are lost~
                ~20" Yoder "Swiss Army Knife" Stick Burner~

Comment

Fantastic job
                  The only thing is I would need more than 2 tortillas with all that tasty eats layin' around.
                  Jim

Comment

Wow---Another Awesome Lakeside meal !!

You should have Squatters Rights there by now, Jeanie!!!

Bear
                    Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                    Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                      Cool!! I Love fly fishing and conventional/bait casting. Ditched all me spinning gear years ago. I'm heading out with some friends Halloween weekend to MY favorite retreat for a few days. Gonna be a blast. Cooking. Eating. Wine. Relaxing. Wine. Photography. Did I mention wine?
                      Phil that looks wonderful!! You're going to have so much fun!! Did I mention I like wine? Hope you take pics for us!

Originally posted by THUMPERRRR View Post
                      looks great girl!!!
                      good pics...
                      nice...
                      Thanks so much THUMPERRRR!
                      jeanie

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
                        Fantastic job
                        The only thing is I would need more than 2 tortillas with all that tasty eats layin' around.
                        Thank you Jim!! I could only handle one tortilla, would have shared if you lived closer!

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                        Wow---Another Awesome Lakeside meal !!

You should have Squatters Rights there by now, Jeanie!!!

Bear
                        Maybe I could wear different wigs, they might not know I've taken over that camp site.

Thanks Bearcarver!
                        jeanie

Comment

Is that Texoma in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                            Phil that looks wonderful!! You're going to have so much fun!! Did I mention I like wine? Hope you take pics for us!
                            It is a given... there will be pictures and lots of fun!! Good to know you like wine...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Great looking cook, and venue
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X