A's Beef Rub, No Boil Mac'N Cheese, Cheesy Potato & Ham Soup, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A's Beef Rub, No Boil Mac'N Cheese, Cheesy Potato & Ham Soup, Etc

December has flown by so fast! Can't believe it is almost 2016! So, here are some farm cooks from the past month.

Double smoked a ham one weekend and served with scalloped potatoes and green beans.

My cheese sauce for the potatoes.

The ham after cutting off the bone. Bagged it up in three different bags for use later.

This past Saturday I smoked a chuck roast and gave dirtsailer2003's no boil mac 'n cheese a try in the Dutch Oven! LOVE IT!! So easy and I really like the convenience of not having to boil the pasta.

On the chuck roast, I tried Smoke Freak's A's Beef Rub that he sent me back in the summer. Craig, I'm really sorry it took me this long to try it...I had "misplaced" it in the house and came across it last week. But we really enjoyed the flavor of it on the chuck! Thank you for the sample!

Gave the chuck some smoke and then foiled it in a pan with potatoes, carrots, and celery...forgot the onion.

Saturday was a little cool but other than that it was a gorgeous day!

I have one bird feeder about 25 feet down the hill from the cabin that attracts ALL sorts of critters. 3:30 in the afternoon and a small doe comes to eat...music is loud and we are not being quiet either...she doesn't care at all and stays about 15 minutes munching on bird seed. About the same time on Sunday she came back.

OK, time to get the mac 'n cheese going. This is in a 10" shallow Dutch oven. Baked with 7 on the bottom and 14 on top. Baked until the pasta was done then added more cheese on top, more heat on top and baked until cheese melted, gooey and the way I like it!

And I also recently made a small pot of barkonbutts cheesy potato and smoked ham soup. That stuff is just delicious! My pot is about 1/4 of his recipe.

My birthday was the first weekend in December and a couple of friends showed up that Saturday with presents! An old 12" cast iron skillet with some rust but not much and an old rolling pin (no pic). I gave the skillet a quick soak, scrub, and seasoned it a bit. It cleaned up pretty nice but I still have some work to do on it. There are no markings on it except a raised "12" on the handle.

Thanks for looking!!!
    Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
    Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
    1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
    Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
    Weber Smokey Joe
    Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
    Pink Thermapen
    Purple Thermapen

Wow more great cooks!! !!

And thanks for the smack in the back of the head on the potato soup... have been scratching my head on what to fix the day after Christmas.... BINGO!!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Great food n pics as always
      sigpic

Comment

That's what I call gourmet food! Mac and cheese in Dutch oven with some pork...ahhh

Comment

Becky, you have mad cooking skills. That all looks amazing especially the Mac & Cheese.
          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
          Yoder Wichita
          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Looks like a good time. Thanks for reminding me about that soup recipe. Good idea for next week.
            sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
              And thanks for the smack in the back of the head on the potato soup... have been scratching my head on what to fix the day after Christmas.... BINGO!!
              You're welcome! I could have used that skillet to smack you but I didn't.
              Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
              Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
              1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
              Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
              Weber Smokey Joe
              Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
              Pink Thermapen
              Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                Great food n pics as always
                yanno!
                sigpic
                it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
                  yanno!
                  Well put Rob

Glad ya got to try the rub Becky...We love the stuff on steaks and burgers too...
                  Craig
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                    I could have used that skillet to smack you but I didn't.
                    Old skool

Wonderful meals Mizz B.

Maybe we should get a fund going and open a Smoked-Meat resto... have members do shifts as chef. I’d be there for your turn every time!
                    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                      Old skool

Wonderful meals Mizz B.

Maybe we should get a fund going and open a Smoked-Meat resto... have members do shifts as chef. I’d be there for your turn every time!
                      I'm in!!

Beautiful foodage as always Becky... you just rock out loud! Damn!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Great Pics Becky, Merry Christmas
                        Steve

Comment

Sister...i love it...pure peace & solitude when you are there!
                          Sunset Eagle Aviation
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Wow! Everything looks Fantastic!!! Great smoke!
                            Dirtsailor A.K.A. Case

GOSM, (4) Mini-WSM, Mini-ZA, UDS, 1967 Casa Q, StoveTec Rocket Stove, 12" & 18" AMNTS, (2) Mav ET732,
                            iGrill Therm

Comment

My Thanks to Case for bumping this up for me!!
                              Don't know how this awesome post ducked me for 3 whole weeks!!

All looks Fantastic Becky!!

Fantastic Thread!!----------

Thanks,
                              Bear
                              Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                              Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                              X