Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy smokin folks, new guy here from Ky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rikerz View Post
    As for this temp guage, they stink and this one is off by 20 degrees, according to my Maverick ET732!

(Don't pay any attention to this pics as they were shot at much different times)
    Most of the factory gauges...especially on the lower end units... suck.

The ECB has one that says "Low-Ideal-High"
    In God I trust- All others pay cash...
    Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
    Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Thought that I did, I am from Mt. Vernon, 45 minutes south of Lexington and I have the door handles on and the last rack built. Now to the chimney cap with damper and this weekend I should be able to polish the top and stucco the sides for a finish!
      Door Handles: (and yes, that is a welder's chipping hammer with the end cut off, bent and the end welded back on to use as the door latch)
      Hey, we must think alike, I made my handles out of chipping hammers too...

Glad you put some wood in there, that's the way to get your heat up..Smoke something up and let us know how it works!
      Got my Mad Hunky order today so I'll be Smokin this weekend..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edster View Post
        Hey, we must think alike, I made my handles out of chipping hammers too...

Glad you put some wood in there, that's the way to get your heat up..Smoke something up and let us know how it works!
        Got my Mad Hunky order today so I'll be Smokin this weekend..
        Hey Edster, how do you keep your temps constant, do you use charcoal the whole time or do you just start it that way and use wood the rest of the smoke? And yes, chipping hammers were the best/cheapest way to make handles and my Mad Hunky should be in anyday now as well!
        Smokin' in the valley! God bless the USA!!

Comment

It's a damn shame I have been so busy working and barely poking my head in the site for a few minutes each day and when I do get more than that I get really impressed.. Outstanding job Jeff.. And I apoligise on my delinquency for not giving you a proper welcome..
          Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
            It's a damn shame I have been so busy working and barely poking my head in the site for a few minutes each day and when I do get more than that I get really impressed.. Outstanding job Jeff.. And I apoligise on my delinquency for not giving you a proper welcome..
            Thank you very much and no apologies needed.

Comment

Hey Edster, how do you keep your temps constant, do you use charcoal the whole time or do you just start it that way and use wood the rest of the smoke? And yes, chipping hammers were the best/cheapest way to make handles and my Mad Hunky should be in anyday now as well!
              I just start it with charcoal then all wood.Charcoal seems to get my wood going faster but I have done it with out..
              sigpic

Comment

Ran out of stucco, will have to make a trip to Lowes tomorrow and finish Monday, hopefully! I will then need to build the chimney cap with damper. I wet polished the countertop today and it turned out pretty good. Stuccoing is not an easy job!

Comment

Working...
                X