Smoked Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked Pizza

Didn't really know where to put this so, here it goes. I did a smoked pizza tonight. I've done them before but this turned out a bit different in the process.

I did a little bit of apple wood with RO lump. Started out at 225 degrees indirect with a pizza stone. As time went on, I ramped things up to 350 over the course of an hour and a half. Took a little longer than I wanted and the kids were getting impatient.

The pay off was when we were eating. My 7 year old looked at me and gave me the thumbs up and said, "Dad, it was worth the wait."

So, here's the start. We did a half and half to keep everyone happy:

I put this on the BGE and used the plate setter which provides the indirect heat. I also used a pizza stone so we could get some crispy crust. I placed the grate in between so I could use the BBQ Guru and have a place to put the pit probe to control/ramp temps:

Here's the finished product:

Thanks for looking.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Great looking pizza Abelman.
    Steve

Comment

Hey Pete it looks great. Those pizza stones make all the difference. Been a long time since I have done a pizza, gonna have to do it again sometime.
      sigpic

Comment

That pizza looks great.
        KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

great looking pizza. your getting your money's worth out of the BGE.
          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Pete,
            Yummy!! I should get a pizza stone.. your pizza looks better than any you could order in for sure...
            Pete, how do you make the dough? If you don't mind sharing.
            Thx
            K

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

what no anchovies ?
              :-)
              Looks amazing, what's the diameter on that (how big is the pizza) ?
              And same as kelly - what's the dough ?
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Kelly, it's a store bought dough. Honestly, I don't have the patience to make a pizza dough when so many alternatives to pizza and dough are to be easily found and are inexpensive.

As for the size, it's a 16" pie CA. (P.S. I love anchovies but I'm the only one unfortunately)

While keeping all the above in mind, it's the smoke/charcoal and the use of the pizza stone that really makes it work IMO. With this method, these really are the best pizzas we eat for those same reasons. My kids are pizza/hamburger critics as those are their favorite foods. As long as they prefer Dad's burgers and pizzas to McDonald's etc. and any pizza we have had delievered, I'm happy. The good news, my wife is right there with the kids. So, when they're happy, the house is happy

We have two pizza stones here and use them for all sorts of things from the oven to the smoker. It's a great way to crisp anything up. The kids love fish sticks, fries, and tater tots off the stone as well. I have to admit, I like them as well. Much better than when I was a kid.
                Pete
                Large BGE
                Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Working...
                X