New guy from sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
    I just gotta get me somma those post-haste...

Just funnin' ya Marcus. Sometimes the languages collide. This WOULD be one of those times...
    hehe you see in sweden we call them negerbollar and if you translate that to english it will be negroballs :P but should maybe just call them chocolateballs in US xD

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

Comment

Welcome from New York.

In another food forum, a big fight broke out between members. Friends became enemies. It got very nasty and dirty.

What is in authentic Swedish meatballs?

Thanks.

dcarch

Comment

Originally posted by dcarch View Post
        Welcome from New York.

In another food forum, a big fight broke out between members. Friends became enemies. It got very nasty and dirty.

What is in authentic Swedish meatballs?

Thanks.

dcarch
        ohh hope it wont be a fight here =) im not a persone that start fights ;)

I can write you a recipe tomorrow it start to get late here so i will go and sleep, but i will post it here tomorrow

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much //Ronald Reagan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing // Edmund Burke

Comment

Looks like you cook "spicy" Scandanavian food: You use salt AND pepper....
          Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

welcome

I'm no Gynecologist
            But I'll take a look at it

Comment

haha yehh we have such a spicy food xD
              i dont think we have any special condiment, its only salt and pepper :P

for swedish meatballs:

1,1 pound minced beef
              3.4 table spoon breadcrumbs
              7 table spoon cream
              1 finely chopped onion (yellow)
              1 egg
              some salt and pepper

some butter when you fry the meatballs.

Mix breadcrumbs and cream. Let swell 10 minutes. Add the beaf, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth. Shape the beaf into round balls. Fry them in butter over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.

something like that =)

to meatballs you have:

uncooked lingonberry jam
              boiled potatoes
              and
              brown sauce

Comment

beautiful meatball recipe, marcus ~ mine is essentially the same, except i also add potato (that has been boiled then mashed) to the meatball mixture. delicious with a browned butter, cream and leek sauce, but i will have to try lingonberry jam next time!
                Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
                Die Wahrheit wird euch frei machen

Foods of the World Forums - From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, it's all good

BaitShopBoyz.com - Shoot the bull with the boyZ

Comment

Originally posted by TasunkaWitko View Post
                  beautiful meatball recipe, marcus ~ mine is essentially the same, except i also add potato (that has been boiled then mashed) to the meatball mixture. delicious with a browned butter, cream and leek sauce, but i will have to try lingonberry jam next time!
                  glad you like it =) (untill you tired :P)

should i make a tropic somewhere at the forum there you all can ask for swedish recipe? if so, where?

Comment

Marcus - if you click here:

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60

You can start a topic on Swedish recipes; I know many will be interested!

Also, if you don't mind, this might also be a good link:

http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards....a_forum36.html

It's to the Scandinavian section of the Foods of the World Forum, and you might find that to be of interest.

Many thaks for sharing your traditional recipes -

Ron
                    Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

i will check those page later =)

i have now started a tropic :D

Comment

Originally posted by mackan110 View Post
                        Here is the recipe of the sandwich cake

I have translate it to USA amount but i will also post the swedish amount

12 long open sandwich
                        butter

Tuna filling:
                        2 cans tuna in water (2x0.4 Pound (lb))
                        Dropp off Lemon juice
                        10 table spoon mayonnaise
                        0 table spoon sour cream

Shrimp filling:

5 Ounce (oz) peeled shrimps
                        3,5 table spoon mayonnaise
                        3,5 table spoon sour cream
                        black pepper
                        snipp dill

Topping:

mayonnaise
                        Ham
                        hard-boiled egg
                        5 Ounce (oz) shrimp
                        lemon slice
                        dill

IN SWEDISH (if you wondering about the size )

12 landgångsbröd
                        bordsmargarin

Tornfiskfyllning:
                        2 burkar tonfisk i vatten (a 185g)
                        Citronsaft
                        1 1/2 DL lättmajonnäs
                        1 1/2 dl gräddfil

Räkfyllning:

100-150 g skalade räkor
                        1/2 dl lättmajonnäs
                        1/2 dl gräddfil
                        svartpeppar
                        klippt dill

Garnering:

Majonnäs
                        skinka
                        4 hårdkokta ägg
                        ca 150g räkor
                        citronskivor
                        dill

How to do:

Spread soaringly with butter on the nine slices of bread, nonthing in the three that will be placed on the top

Start with the tuna-filling

Drain the tuna, place the meat in a bowl and divide it into small pieces, add mayonnaise and sour cream. season the taste with lemon and black pepper. Chop the shrimps to the next filling and mix them with mayonnaise, sour cream and dill and some black pepper.

Now, three of the buttered bread slices close together on a beautiful plate. Spread half of the tuna filling over the bottom. Add three slices of bread, but put them on the other direction, so that the plates intersect. If you switch the breads direction in each layer, it will hold the cake together better and are easier to cut. Distribute the shrimp-filling over this ground of bread. As a new layer of bread covered with the remaining tuna filling. Finally, add the three breads (no butter on them). Broad mayonnaise over and around the cake. Garnish with ham (around the whole cake) then add the hard-boiled eggs that you have sliced and the shrimps. On the side you can garnish with lemon slices

Mackan,
                        Don't want to get picky, and it could be a translation problem, but "0 Tablespoon sour cream" ?

Bear
                        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

bear - i believe that it (1.5 dl) translates to 10 tablespoons, but I could be wrong.
                          Fundamentals matter.

Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Comment

Thanks for that!
                            i missed it :/

it should be 10 table spoon, i changed that now in the recipe. Thanks!

Comment

Welcome

from Kentucky and good luck with your build!!
                              I'm no Gynecologist
                              But I'll take a look at it

Comment

Working...
                              X