Just Built a Smoker - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ljw70 View Post
    Link to high heat silicone I purchased: (good success with smokers in the review section):
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000DZBLNC/..._26725410_item

Also, as an update, I have ordered 12 batts of 1" Owens Corning Thermafiber (rockwool). I will be lining the inside of the smoker with it and covering it with 1/4" plywood. It is rated for 2000F. The bottom 1/3 of the smoker will be lined with aluminum sheet metal except for the bottom, which will be 1/2" cement board. The door gasket will be a high temperature gasket from Allied Kenko supplies in Houston. I am anxious to get the insulation installed to see what temperature I can get up to with the single burner. With the combination of insulation and reduction of cubic feet, I am optimistic.
    Sounds good
    although if the aluminium is cheap enough I'd be inclined to line the whole thing.

But what you oputlined there should be absolutely fine :-)
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
      Sounds good
      although if the aluminium is cheap enough I'd be inclined to line the whole thing.

But what you oputlined there should be absolutely fine :-)
      It already weighs a ton !

Comment

Good deal I did not look up the date sheet on it . I would just make sure it is safe yo use on food stuff if you are going to use internally.
        Why aluminum versus tin?

Comment

I was thinking aluminum was a little more polished-looking.

Comment

Finished Product

Thanks for all the input. Temps up to 220 for hot smoking with option to cold smoke with external smoke daddy. 3 inch walls with Mineral wool insulation. Hardiboard on bottom, lined with aluminum sheet metal.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice job. Smoke it up
              sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
              Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
              Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Working...
              X