Afterburner
    Weber Performer
    Blue Thermapen
    Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
    Thermoworks Chef Alarm
    Auber Smoker Controller
    Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
    -
    "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

mate...glad to have you here .....like everyone else kinda interested in smoking a roo....
      Mike
      Oklahoma City
      22.5 Generic (gettin ready to be dismantle for the Drum) Kettle Grill
      Weber 22.5 Performer
      GOSM 3405gw
      Boomer Sooner Drum
      Maverick ET-732
      Various Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens
      A-MAZE-N 6X6 Smoker

Comment

aboard........

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
          yep mate a pom beat you to it

You a cricket fan by the way ?

My aunt and cousins live down under. I know she used to go roo shooting, many years ago. Always wondered what it tastes like.

Looking forward to seeing some of your smokes
          I was a cricket fan until this series
          You never know, the tail might wag, and we bat out the whole day today for a draw
          The Poms have done extemely well I must admit. They've learnt well from the Aussies
          I was at the MCG for Boxing Day Test. Nearly 90,000 people there, and it sounded like 85,000 of them were the Barmy Army
          We got on the turps at stumps with a few of them. Great bunch of blokes.

I've shot a lot of roos in my time. All of the meat went for pet food!
          Although I have tried it on the odd occasion. Very lean like venison. Tastes a little like beef, just a bit more gamey.

Comment

Originally posted by PigPete View Post
            I was a cricket fan until this series
            You never know, the tail might wag, and we bat out the whole day today for a draw
            The Poms have done extemely well I must admit. They've learnt well from the Aussies
            I was at the MCG for Boxing Day Test. Nearly 90,000 people there, and it sounded like 85,000 of them were the Barmy Army
            OK...sooo WTF did he say?

"Play yer digereedoo, Blue..."
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

lol

Basically there is a historic annual test match series between england and australia called the ashes (look it up)
              And we won it last year in england and we've retained it this year in Oz !!!

Given the legendary crap status that english cricket 'enjoyed' throughout the nineties and most of the last decade. This is somewhat amazing.

To put a bit more perspective on it. There is a tremendous sporting and 'friendly' (lol) rivalry between the two countries. As an englishman only beating france ranks higher in terms of sheer bliss than beating the ozzies - at anything, anything at all but cricket and rugby in particular.
              At the last rugby world cup england put BOTH france and australia out. After that we couldn't care less who won the actual tournament (south africa beat us in the final) the final was definitely an anticlimax.

I suspect it's similiar in oz but with the kiwis & the poms.

So retaining the ashes on enemy territory is the highlight of the english sporting year - no question.

pigpete was at the melbourne cricket ground on boxing day when we thrashed them and retained the ashes (had to win the last game to also win the series - which we did yesterday). The english travelling supporters - the barmy army - were very vocal.
              He got quite drunk with some brits.

I think that's the gist of it
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Thank you! I feel better now!
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Welcome!

Great to have you here!
                  Orchard Hill BBQ

Twin Chamber Rotisserie Trailer
                  Modified Chargriller RF
                  250 Gallon Homegrown Cooker

I THINK HIS SHIRT SAYS IT ALL

Comment

Welcome aboard if I haven't said it already
                    Al

Comment

Howdy, Mate great to have ya here.

Comment

WOW! Glad to see this site is going multi-national! Have a couple kiwi friends from a chat site I used to frequent, and a good friend from Oz that visited a few years back...N. Qld area.

Great to have new input from around the world.

Oh, and welcome to S-M..

L8r,
                        Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                          Thank you! I feel better now!
                          He explained it so well, even I understand what I said now ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
                            Welcome aboard if I haven't said it already
                            G'day Blue. You wouldn't be a redhead by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by PigPete View Post
                              G'day Blue. You wouldn't be a redhead by any chance?
                              As oddness and serendipity would have it...I was a member in Blue's sister's wedding many moons ago. Now..I don't recall him, but his sis had some red highlights, but leaning to brunette. As I recall... wow...beer under the bridge! Like ummm...20 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Earache_My_Eye View Post
                                WOW! Glad to see this site is going multi-national! Have a couple kiwi friends from a chat site I used to frequent, and a good friend from Oz that visited a few years back...N. Qld area.
                                I've got quite a few Kiwi mates.....someone's gotta do it

They're getting a bit wet up in Qld at the moment. Hope your friend has a boat!

Comment

Working...
                                X