No announcement yet.

Grill at Sam's club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would gain very little benefit from a cajun bandit conversion. It is a poorly designed knock off of a Weber Smokey Mountain. You could build several drum smokers, or buy a WSM for the same cost.
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

I really want a weber kettle man they are good for so much stuff!!

Comment

i rarely advise cheap smokers but i have the 2 door brinkman vertical smoker that's lasted me over 4 years & can handle up to a 24# turkey plus the knockoff kettle that has a better ash catcher & 4 legs vs. the weber kettle.

i paid less than $150 for both.
        brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
        18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
        cast iron Hibachi
        22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
        & rotisserator
        12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
        stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
        Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
        http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
        my music recordings-
        http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
          You would gain very little benefit from a cajun bandit conversion. It is a poorly designed knock off of a Weber Smokey Mountain. You could build several drum smokers, or buy a WSM for the same cost.
          I agree Irishchef,

the only thing I saw that was interesting on the Cajun Bandit site was the stainless high flow charcoal ring, doubt I would buy that as I have no complaints with the WSM as it comes out of the factory.

A used kettle, and if the OP really needs a gas option, a cheapo gas grill. Although the wait to get charcoal fired up for grilling isnt that long, and the end resut of the food it turns out is unmatched.
          Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
            I agree Irishchef,

the only thing I saw that was interesting on the Cajun Bandit site was the stainless high flow charcoal ring, doubt I would buy that as I have no complaints with the WSM as it comes out of the factory.

A used kettle, and if the OP really needs a gas option, a cheapo gas grill. Although the wait to get charcoal fired up for grilling isnt that long, and the end resut of the food it turns out is unmatched.
            I like Cajun Bandit's replacement SS door for the WSM. Big improvement over the aluminum OEM door.

@ D I have noticed you get a lot of ash on the ground with your smoker... Whats up with that?

Comment

You could build several drum smokers, or buy a WSM for the same cost.
              Adding a Weber lid to a drum and you basically HAVE the bandit. Not to mention those things cost like 150 bucks?
              If you have basic tools, namely a drill, you can make one fairly cheap and will last a looooooooong time. Plus, you don't end up with a big pile of ash on your deck lol.
              https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
                I agree Irishchef,

Don't see too many folks posting cooks done on a Cajun Bandit. That is usually a good indicator right there. WSM's are much tighter fitting, and fitted at the factory. The Cajun Bandit is an aftermarket product, and may not match the kettle you have. You might get a good seal at the base, and a loose one at the lid, etc. The results of this would be high charcoal consumption, and poor temp control.

Comment

That's what I'm talking about! Great pics. So I buy the weber and get the cajun kit or buy the already made deal. Who's got the best deal on those?
                  Whitey
                  Primo oval xl, Weber22.5 kettle, 22.5 Weber proforma

Fat Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!" Dean Wormer, Faber College 1962

Comment

Originally posted by Meat Hunter View Post
                    Plus, you don't end up with a big pile of ash on your deck lol.

good point.
                    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by whitey View Post
                      That's what I'm talking about! Great pics. So I buy the weber and get the cajun kit or buy the already made deal. Who's got the best deal on those?
                      Whitey
                      or go like Hawg Heaven- buy a used weber performer w/ table on craigslist & add the smoke-ez attatchment.
                      brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                      18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                      cast iron Hibachi
                      22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                      & rotisserator
                      12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                      stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                      Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                      http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                      my music recordings-
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Originally posted by Big D
                        Irish That's Mis information you got there bud, Mine matches up nicely, I cook with my Cajun Bandit all the time.

"If you ever bothered to look at my Pic's you will see the CB in action bud"

And the stuff under my CB is lazyness, LOL!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I rest my case.

Comment

You can't go wrong with a Weber 22.5 kettle
                          Ditto on the Weber kettle
                          Got mine for $50.00 and it's worth every penny.
                          sigpic
                          New Braunfels Bandera
                          New Braunfels Hondo
                          4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                          1-26" Weber Kettle
                          24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                          Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

Whitey, if you look into the Weber Performer, it has a gas assist for lighting the fuel. you add in a hinged grate and you've got yourself a fine smoker that is as easy to start as gas (with gas) problem solved...maybe move up to a UDS...
                            Welcome to the forums!
                            ~Brian~
                            GLBBQA Member KCBS Member and CBJ
                            BBQ Jones Comp Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joneser View Post
                              Whitey, if you look into the Weber Performer, it has a gas assist for lighting the fuel. you add in a hinged grate and you've got yourself a fine smoker that is as easy to start as gas (with gas) problem solved...maybe move up to a UDS...
                              Welcome to the forums!
                              Best of both worlds
                              sigpic

Comment

That weber performer looks good. It has the best of both. I just have to find the best price. Thanks Guy's
                                Whitey
                                Primo oval xl, Weber22.5 kettle, 22.5 Weber proforma

Fat Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!" Dean Wormer, Faber College 1962

Comment

Working...
                                X