New guy lookin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy lookin'

I've been smoking for about 3 years, bounced around all the forums I came across looking for info in that time. I could usually find what I needed to know by searching.

One group or another always seems to be in an uproar over personality clashes or posting style. What's the deal? Every gas station always had one loudmouth/instigater hanging around, and it always worked out best to just ignore him. Is that not possible anymore? I realize some of us are religious about our hobby, but we seem to have the church mentality, also. "I don't like what you're preaching right now, so I'm going to take Louie, Sam, Elly and Hortense, and we're going to start our own church--The one and only true one, and we don't want you folks around"... I don't know which forum was "first", but it seems like a bunch from A go off and form B and after awhile a bunch from B go off and form C and and and...

I'll admit to being a drifter, and looking for a home I'm comfortable with. The forum I had posted on the most has become nothing more than a infomercial for the board know-it-all's supply house.

After poking around here a little deeper , it becomes apparent that you folks are dealing with personality issues around here.

I'll look through posts and look up info I need, but I have to wonder if the info is worth the drama.

Well, it seems by your post, that you ain't looking for advice, nearly as much as you are looking to cause your own bit of drama.
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Anyone seen my pants?

Comment

And Mods, FYI, there was a post similar to this one over at TQJ a week or so back, might be the same guy. Just did a driveby like this, took a few shots, and was gone......
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

"Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

to the forum.

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
            And Mods, FYI, there was a post similar to this one over at TQJ a week or so back, might be the same guy. Just did a driveby like this, took a few shots, and was gone......
            Originally posted by Hector View Post
            The forum I had posted on the most has become nothing more than a infomercial for the board know-it-all's supply house.
            LOL, sounds like the Joint to me.

Originally posted by Hector View Post
            After poking around here a little deeper , it becomes apparent that you folks are dealing with personality issues around here.

I'll look through posts and look up info I need, but I have to wonder if the info is worth the drama.
            Well, Hector, we do claim to be misfits but like Richtee says, "All welcome, take what you need, share what you know."

If you've poked around enough you'll have figured out that nobody is going to kiss your ass or beg you to stay so I guess it's up to you at this point.

You get out of it what you put into it.

Dave
            CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
            UDS 1.0
            Afterburner
            Weber Performer
            Blue Thermapen
            Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
            Thermoworks Chef Alarm
            Auber Smoker Controller
            Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
            -
            "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Wow! Do we have a misfits blotter? Our first drive by...
              Everyone is welcome here and with open arms.. and we have a great group of people here who for the most part play very well together and respect each others ideas and opinions.. periodically people show up with their superman capes on and portray something they are not, they usually bounce quick enough to another site, no harm no fowel

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Well... hmmm. OK.

Welcome to Smoked-Meat. We ain't perfect... but God don't need the info I figger.
                In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Now that you got that off your chest.. Welcome to Smoked-Meat.. Hope you enjoy the site..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by DDave View Post
                    to the forum.

LOL, sounds like the Joint to me.

Well, Hector, we do claim to be misfits but like Richtee says, "All welcome, take what you need, share what you know."

If you've poked around enough you'll have figured out that nobody is going to kiss your ass or beg you to stay so I guess it's up to you at this point.

You get out of it what you put into it.

Dave
                    Nicely put.
                    Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                    My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                    @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Somewhere in the tool bar is a box of hankies. Feel free to take as many as you need........

Comment

well now thats one heck of a jump off point. i hope your 'cute opens....

welcome to the island of misfit smokers, we dont claim to be perfect, just the "best". so pull up a chair at the fire pit, grab and cold drink and join in.
                        Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Hortense? Really? Is that even a name?

Comment

Welcome to our church...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                              Welcome to our church...
                              1st church of the holy smokes?
                              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                              cast iron Hibachi
                              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                              & rotisserator
                              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                              my music recordings-
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Working...
                              X