• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
    What He Said /\ /\ /\ /\
    What did he say?

Comment

Well, I see I made a grand entrance (insert "embarrased smilie" here)...

Did not mean things the way they came out. We are dealing with major health issues w/too many family members right now. Sometimes things get a bit much and a "mood" takes over. It's been happening enough I usually catch it and "stand down" for a while till it passes. In this instance, I didn't catch it and went off the deep end and just kept digging myself in deeper.

This is what started it... I went to do an intro for myself, and what's the first thing I see in that forum? An announcement in caps making sure "everyone reads this", so I did. It just got under my skin that what appears to be a pretty good forum is having to deal with stuff like this. It got under there and just kept itching enough I had to scratch...

Please accept my apology for coming off as a complete arse. I'll admit that I can be if need be, but have no desire to. I'll make every effort to refrain from such things in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector View Post
        I went to do an intro for myself, and what's the first thing I see in that forum? An announcement in caps making sure "everyone reads this", so I did. It just got under my skin that what appears to be a pretty good forum is having to deal with stuff like this. It got under there and just kept itching enough I had to scratch...

Please accept my apology for coming off as a complete arse. I'll admit that I can be if need be, but have no desire to. I'll make every effort to refrain from such things in the future.
        That, sir.. was MY doing, and MY issue, really. There was some problems, but I believe you seen the end of that. Or, I hope so. As do the others involved

Sorry your first impression had to be that. It is an isolated thing by and large here. We try to be fair and have fun.

just...

Don't poke the bear
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

No apology needed from my end. Different opinions is what make's up a good forum. Personalities is the key and everyone is welcome. Again glad you joined up.

Good people here with a lot's of experience that don't mind helping out if someone needs it.

Comment

Welcome Hector, glad you found us.
            sigpic

Comment

No harm no foul.. Pryers to and your family for fast recovery on the health issues..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Be allright Hector!...Get on in here & get after it Hot Rod!
                Sunset Eagle Aviation
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

The language (print) may be NSFW for some, but FWIW, check out this flowchart on forum disagreements...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                    No harm no foul.. Pryers to and your family for fast recovery on the health issues..
                    Thanks, TH.

Both my folks and my wife's mother (father already gone) are at that point where it's "one day at a time"... Gettin' old can be a real *itch. I'm less and less convinced "living to a ripe old age" is all it's cracked up to be... and it sucks being a day away from my folks.

Comment

I think! As you took off on the end result of a post and did not bother to read the whole post. If you had it would have been abundantly clear the reason for the post.

Now then, we'll try it again...
                      to the Island.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Hector View Post
                        Thanks, TH.

Both my folks and my wife's mother (father already gone) are at that point where it's "one day at a time"... Gettin' old can be a real *itch. I'm less and less convinced "living to a ripe old age" is all it's cracked up to be... and it sucks being a day away from my folks.

I know what your saying.. My old boss, (still alive) when he turned 72 he had to have hip replacement and no more than 3 months after that he had the other one replaced.. 3 hours of rehab a day for 6 weeks each time..

He told me in the office one day after his treatment.. "Ken, If I could find that Son of a Bitch that said growing old was the Golden Years I would punch that Son of a Bitch right in the mouth". Keep the faith brother..
                        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                          I know what your saying.. My old boss, (still alive) when he turned 72 he had to have hip replacement and no more than 3 months after that he had the other one replaced.. 3 hours of rehab a day for 6 weeks each time..

He told me in the office one day after his treatment.. "Ken, If I could find that Son of a Bitch that said growing old was the Golden Years I would punch that Son of a Bitch right in the mouth". Keep the faith brother..
                          Old age is not for the faint of heart. I live with the effects every day, it's a moving target.
                          Mark
                          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Glad you are man enough to apologize and willing to start over. We be a loving bunch most 99% of the time. Rich and Ken keep us straight. I ain't been paddled yet. Might be a coming.

Sorry to hear about the folks. My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimers about two years ago. Watching her go down hill, losing her memory and her freedoms is breaking my heart. But grief is the price you pay for love.

Hugs to you my brutha and give us another go. Be alright.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your family issues Hector... I've been through my own and think I know what you are going through. Thanks for coming back and explaining what was going on in your intro... had us a tad confused. You know you are more than welcome here... we are an eclectic bunch of smoke heads and have fun with each other. Join the fun, and try to put your worries at rest while you're here with us. We got your back if ya need it...

Rock on.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Well Hector, I'm glad you decided to stick with us.

We're not perfect but we put the fun in dysfunctional.

Dave
                                CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                                UDS 1.0
                                Afterburner
                                Weber Performer
                                Blue Thermapen
                                Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                                Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                                Auber Smoker Controller
                                Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                                -
                                "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X