Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard Chris!

I like your straight up, no bullshit, smoker with wheels

Can't wait to see some fire in the belly of that beast.

Tracey

Comment

Lmao. Thanks guys. I actually had a double jetski trailer sitting in my yard, and the oil tank was left in the shed by the previous owners of the house. I was itching to do this for 3+ years. Finally got off my ass and did it. I think BBQ Pitmasters is to partly blame here. Haha.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
          Thank you.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Chris! glad to have ya a part of this great smokin' community Great looking rig ya have there. It's great to be able to drag your BBQ passion and skills where ever you want. Great bank of info amongst the members here. Any questions just ask. Got some kick ass BBQ pics? We'd love to check them out too
            Enjoy
            Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
            Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Thanks man. No good pics of cooking yet. Just getting into this wood fired cooking. I'm ready to step up my game. Been cooking over coals and LP pretty much my whole life. I'll be sure to get some pics soon though.

I did just take this pic. Been out in the rain putting the new leaf springs, axle, and wheels on it. Then took it off the sawhorses. Still gotta paint it, get a new tongue jack, and make the bed for the wood pile on the front. I can't believe it's actually 100% balanced from front to back. With the bed and wood stacked on it, she should have perfect tongue weight.

Comment

Hey Chris....We have a homemade smoker sectiuon and it would be awesome for you to put as many pics you have from start to finish etc...

Reason i say this is most folk new or old dont read the new member forum after a bit ,but we all enjoy seeing the projects coming along in the homemade smoker section......

It gives a great place for new or old to expand knowledge base...

Comment

Yea, I know. Hell, I used to own an ATV forum and was a super mod on another. You'd think I would know better. Lol. I'll do one once I get the thing done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    Yea, I know. Hell, I used to own an ATV forum and was a super mod on another. You'd think I would know better. Lol. I'll do one once I get the thing done.

Sweet...I just think this is very unique and worthy of its own thread...

On side note....Can it rain anymore in these parts....

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                      Sweet...I just think this is very unique and worthy of its own thread...

On side note....Can it rain anymore in these parts....
                      Thanks bro. I'll definitely get to it soon.
                      You ain't lying about the rain. It's getting irritating. I can't believe after like 15" of rain, the Dismal Swamp is still burning.

Comment

Welcome chris...Cool smoker...Looks like it ought to do the job...
                        Nice avitar....
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                          Welcome chris...Cool smoker...Looks like it ought to do the job...
                          Nice avitar....
                          Thanks for the welcome. I uploaded a pic of a bald eagle with american flag for wings, as my avatar. All I can see is a black square. Even on the computer.

Comment

Thanks man. No good pics of cooking yet. Just getting into this wood fired cooking. I'm ready to step up my game. Been cooking over coals and LP pretty much my whole life. I'll be sure to get some pics soon though.

I did just take this pic. Been out in the rain putting the new leaf springs, axle, and wheels on it. Then took it off the sawhorses. Still gotta paint it, get a new tongue jack, and make the bed for the wood pile on the front. I can't believe it's actually 100% balanced from front to back. With the bed and wood stacked on it, she should have perfect tongue weight.

i am prolly missing something...but from pic if trailer has a level deck....How are you planning load fuel in fire box???...seems if you reversed smoker on trailer it would be easier...

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
                              i am prolly missing something...but from pic if trailer has a level deck....How are you planning load fuel in fire box???...seems if you reversed smoker on trailer it would be easier...
                              Just open the door and put it in. Lol. There's no deck on the trailer. It's an old double jet ski trailer. If I made it the other way, I'd have to stand inside the trailer frame to cook. I'll show ya a different pic from the front. Here's a direct link, so I don't put any more pics in this thread. The crossmember in front of the firebox is getting moved forward about a foot.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...6887463851.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I uploaded a pic of a bald eagle with american flag for wings, as my avatar. All I can see is a black square. Even on the computer.

Yeah...black box here too...I like it
                                Craig
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X