Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy smokin folks, new guy here from Ky.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy smokin folks, new guy here from Ky.

New smokin guy here from Ky, I have your typical throw-a-ways grill but I'm also in the process of building a cinder block smoker/bbq grill. I have it almost finished and I am now in the process of testing how to heat the thing up. I "borrowed" the design from here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Bric...eque/?ALLSTEPS I wanted to build something that will be around 20 years from now (hope so anyway) and so I built it. I have only smoked 1 time in my whole life and I am 47 years old. I hope to be around for a long time and really learn from all you fine folks. God bless and any advice will be greatly appreciated!!! Jeff

(as for the rikerz as my username, well I have used it for MANY years on different forums and its easy for me to remember.. haha)
    Smokin' in the valley! God bless the USA!!

Welcome Sir! Send us some pics of that bad boy you're building. Lots of good info here, and we all look forward to your contributions.

Comment

Welcome! Great company here. Very helpful and knowledgeable--- willing to help anyone out. Let's see a couple pics of that build!
      -Modified Brinkmann Gourmet Charcoal Smoker
      -22.5" Blue Weber Gold w/ weber side table
      -18.5" '69 daisy wheel Weber redhead restored
      -Smokey Joe Silver x 2 --- one turned Mini WSM
      -Coleman road trip grill
      -Charbroil performance gasser
      -Maveric ET-732
      -CI: Le Creuset#23, Wagner#3, Wagner square skillet, lodge#8, wagner #9 griddle, griswold #9 slant griddle, griswold #10 block skillet, griswold #5 small, griswold #7 slant skillet w/ heat ring, griswold #8 block with self basting lid

Comment

Glad you joined us rikerz!
        Do a few more smokes and hang around here, you will be addicted... and that is a good thing!
        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

I will post pics, hopefully tomorrow. Looking forward to soaking up all the combined knowledge here. I want to be able to smoke some ribs without giving anyone food poisoning. Thanks folks!

Comment

Hey, that's where I got the plans to build mine. I changed a few things, but same basics. Smoked on mine 4 times now and it works great..
            sigpic

Comment

From Central Oregon
              sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Welcome to the site!
                Would love to see some pics of that baby in actions once you're finished with the build.
                Saw some great plans for a smoker in an issue of Mother Earth News one time, wonder if it's similar to what you've got going on.
                There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edster View Post
                  Hey, that's where I got the plans to build mine. I changed a few things, but same basics. Smoked on mine 4 times now and it works great..
                  I changed up the design as well. The fire pit for the smoker is in the center and is fully enclosed with door. I will be wet polishing the top around the grill area and it now has a prep area over the fire pit as I did not need that big of area to grill on. I guess posting pictures will help. I saw the pics of yours, mine is similar but the firepit is different.

Comment

Welcome Jeff... Jump on in and ask if yo don't know..
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Welcome from Dayton!! Now go smoke some meat!!
                      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
                      Yoder YS640
                      Weber Genesis
                      Weber 18.5" Kettle
                      Weber Performer
                      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum, if you're following that build I'm impressed - that's some serious construction that bloke did on his bbq.

And the pipe burner build was pretty interesting as well.
                        This is definitely a 'don't try this at home pic'
                        Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                        Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Welcome to Smoked-Meat Rikerz... We'll have you at pitmaster in no time!
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Very impressive! Can't wait to see yours in action. from New Jersey.
                            Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
                            My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
                            @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

welcome from soKy.
                              brink vertical charcoal(the carp)
                              18" old smokey charcoal grill/smoker
                              cast iron Hibachi
                              22" Kettle w/ "Smoke-EZ" styled riser extension
                              & rotisserator
                              12x7 wells cargo vending trailer(mods in progress)
                              stuffer,slicer & more carp than i can fit in it...
                              Marshall amps & various awesome guitars,drums,P.A.,etc.recording studio.....

Blues-N-Cues Concessions & Catering
                              http://blues-n-cuesbbq.com/
                              my music recordings-
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/rlcltd

Comment

Working...
                              X