Nice forum..... glad I stopped in.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveOmak View Post
    I got a note from Jeff saying, "members volunteered recipes for his book and he had permission to reprint them"....

Dave
    Thank you Dave for clearing this up.. I figured you'd do the right thing and I was correct.

To further clarify what Dave said, all recipes used where those submitted specifically for use in the book, the folks were honored to have their recipes included.

Those of you who have my book will know that every single recipe submitted by a forum member or anyone other than myself was given full credit right there on the recipe page and not on some hidden page in the back that lists credits.

I do have a paragraph in the TOS at the forum that says that once you post, it belongs to the forum but that is only to prevent folks from asking to have their entire accounts removed and posts deleted. Something we would never do unless their lives were in danger or some bizarre reason that required it.

Further, my newsletters are all 100% my own. I do not ask for recipes and I do not take submissions for those.

I take my integrity seriously and this accusation became personal. I was alerted to it and decided to set it straight personally.

I appreciate the owners of this forum allowing me to do so.

You guys (and gals of course) have a great day!

Comment

From his User Guidelines (formerly Terms of Service), which he updated on 10-17-2013
      You also agree that posting material (information, posts, topics, pictures, etc.) to our forum and website implicitly grants SMF a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-revocable license to use and change said material for the purposes of running SMF.

Does that mean he can use the material in his books, since the UG states specifically for the running of SMF.

Loving it here and so non-dictatorship run!!!!!
      Alesia

MES40, Home built Vertical Propane Smoker with SFB

Comment

from the Valley of the Sun Devil. You're gonna like it here.
        Glad you joined the rest of the SMurF rejects here.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
          Jim's right on the money on the catch 22 thing. However I wonder if he gave credit to the contributors for their contribution to his book or did he take the credit himself. That's the burning question I have. Just thinking out loud.

I sure hope he gave props to folks if he used their recipes.
          Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by TulsaJeff View Post
            Thank you Dave for clearing this up.. I figured you'd do the right thing and I was correct.

To further clarify what Dave said, all recipes used where those submitted specifically for use in the book, the folks were honored to have their recipes included.

Those of you who have my book will know that every single recipe submitted by a forum member or anyone other than myself was given full credit right there on the recipe page and not on some hidden page in the back that lists credits.

I do have a paragraph in the TOS at the forum that says that once you post, it belongs to the forum but that is only to prevent folks from asking to have their entire accounts removed and posts deleted. Something we would never do unless their lives were in danger or some bizarre reason that required it.

Further, my newsletters are all 100% my own. I do not ask for recipes and I do not take submissions for those.

I take my integrity seriously and this accusation became personal. I was alerted to it and decided to set it straight personally.

I appreciate the owners of this forum allowing me to do so.

You guys (and gals of course) have a great day!
            Good on ya Jeff. Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh..and Welcome to Smoked-Meat :{)
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

from Utah
              Masterbuilt Stainless Steel 40"
              Weber 22.5" WSM
              Weber Performer W/rotisserie X2
              Weber 22.5" Kettle Silver
              Weber 22.5" Kettle Gold
              Weber 1990 22.5" 3 Wheeler
              Weber 18.5" Kettle
              Weber 18.5" Bud Light Kettle
              Weber Smokey Joe
              GMG Daniel Boone
              Pit Barrel Cooker
              Maverick ET 73 and ET 732
              6X8 A Maze N Smoker and Tube Smoker
              Fastest Themapen on the market BLACK
              The Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                Sad part is..I would not do that to him. Wonder how many recipes/tips I have in this book? Whatever. He's gotten all from me he's gonna get. Unless he joins here
                Well I guess those days are over!
                Just call me Dave!

Comment

Originally posted by S2K9K View Post
                  Well I guess those days are over!
                  I thought that was a stand-up thing to do.

Ken..we made it! Jeff is a member of the Misfits!
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Wow was shocked to see his clarification post and he actually joined!!!! But good for him in giving credit where credit was due.
                    Alesia

MES40, Home built Vertical Propane Smoker with SFB

Comment

Glad I finally made the list.. I think.

Comment

First Dutch and now Jeff...
                        Craig
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TulsaJeff View Post
                          Glad I finally made the list.. I think.
                          Jeff I owe you a thank you for a great start. And I owe you a congrats for a site with the membership you have. It's impressive. I also now know what a rough time it can be managing one of these things.

But I also know the members themselves make the place..and make it difficult..or easy. We chose to let them choose. So far..so good :{)

PS: Can I send you a rub sample? It's free... Or try the brine!

Comment

Id like to see a picture of jeffs smoke.
                            sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
                            Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
                            Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Jeff I owe you a thank you for a great start. And I owe you a congrats for a site with the membership you have. It's impressive. I also now know what a rough time it can be managing one of these things.

But I also know the members themselves make the place..and make it difficult..or easy. We chose to let them choose. So far..so good :{)

PS: Can I send you a rub sample? It's free... Or try the brine!
                              Rich.. thank you for the kind words. You can definitely send a sample of the rub and the brine if you'd like to. I have only heard great things about it.

I will PM my shipping address.

And thanks again to you, Ken and others in charge for allowing me to clarify things a little bit. It means a lot to me.

Comment

Hi Dave!

Good to see the build-master at work on this site!!!

I had no idea that this was gonna turn into a testimonial page...

Here's to avoiding politics and having fun doing what we love!

I don't get involved in politics at SMF and I won't here at SM!

Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X