No announcement yet.

Looking for a fresh start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from sunny Az, Hakuna matata. No worries and leave the past behind ya...
    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
    Weber Performer Gold
    Masterbuilt 26" twins
    Big Chief Electric smoker
    Brinkmann barrel smoker
    LEM sausage stuffer
    Cabela's pro HD grinder
    Maverick ET-732
    ThermoWorks Thermapen
    GrillGrates

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
      Sure seems to be an influx of "refugees" this week. More misfits
      Was thinking that myself....Must be a happy place over at that other site.......

Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
        Was thinking that myself....Must be a happy place over at that other site.......

When this site started there was a large amount of people switching ships; history has a way of repeating itself... often!
        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

I have been through the same issue on PC forums. You get mad, you know your right within your sphere of knowledge and it gets frustrating.

#1 Don't post so much, your not gonna save the world. See reality, go outside.
          #2 Let things slide, your not gonna save the world.
          #3 New folks need to learn, don't just go Postal on them so fast, they have no clue.
          #4 All posts will be respectable and will be reviewed heavily with respect to 'What will others think about my post BEFORE saving....."? That is rule #1, like your fav bar, you don't want to alienate yourself from your fav bar where you get free beer because folks like you.
          #5 Never post when frustrated and your Blood Alcohol Level is above 1.0

I know and have learned. Don't be Sheldon from the Big Bang, no workies in forums.

And glad your here, Methinks you smokum lotsa meat.

Comment

from The Bluegrass State
            My feet are in Kentucky but my heart is in Roll Tide country
            I'm no Gynecologist
            But I'll take a look at it

Comment

another from MN,your in the right spot
              sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
              members mark upright propane smoker
              kingsford bbq
              23"weber kettle

Comment

Wow! Over 30 Welcomes to me, Thanks everyone!!! Where I came from people were lucky to get 5 or 6. I've been looking at other introduction threads and they all have a lot of replies too! You people really know how to make someone feel at home!

Thanks Conumdrum, that is really good advice! I won't go into detail but what I got wrapped up in was "behind the scenes" kinda stuff and I'm glad I'm not in a position like that anymore!

This forum seems a lot more relaxed and laid back and I really like that attitude! I'm lovin' the "Island of Misfits" theme too!!!

Oh and I changed my OTBS membership to "Outta The Bull Shit"!!!!

Thanks again everyone now it's time to get to smokin' somethin'!!!
                Just call me Dave!

Comment

Welcome! Thanks 4 the laughs! I looked up otbs n it made me laugh my balls off for at least 2 hours! Is that 4 real? Wow! Im glad i didnt slip in that b.s.! Im in the order of the fat blunt smoke, if you want to join ill send you a list of criteria and a beginners handbook
                  sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
                  Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
                  Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Originally posted by S2K9K View Post
                    Wow! Over 30 Welcomes to me, Thanks everyone!!! Where I came from people were lucky to get 5 or 6. I've been looking at other introduction threads and they all have a lot of replies too! You people really know how to make someone feel at home!

Thanks Conumdrum, that is really good advice! I won't go into detail but what I got wrapped up in was "behind the scenes" kinda stuff and I'm glad I'm not in a position like that anymore!

This forum seems a lot more relaxed and laid back and I really like that attitude! I'm lovin' the "Island of Misfits" theme too!!!

Oh and I changed my OTBS membership to "Outta The Bull Shit"!!!!

Thanks again everyone now it's time to get to smokin' somethin'!!!
                    The one thing I ask out of our members here is to may a new member be welcome, if you do not feel like you are welcome here then you may make a few posts and never come back... That's not why this site was built..

Yes I feel we are more relaxed and laid back.. The cuss filter has been removed due to I let you police yourself.. I ask for everyone to act as you would around your mom and dad..

Originally posted by Charcuteryan View Post
                    Welcome! Thanks 4 the laughs! I looked up otbs n it made me laugh my balls off for at least 2 hours! Is that 4 real? Wow! Im glad i didnt slip in that b.s.! Im in the order of the fat blunt smoke, if you want to join ill send you a list of criteria and a beginners handbook

The OTBS IS a big deal at SMF, You can look at it as a stepping stone if you will.. SMF pulls a lot of newbies that want to learn how to Q kinda like elementary school, baby steps.. Once many of them achieve their OTBS then they are looking to move on to Higher Education of learning how to Q.. Like it is here at the Harvard University of Smoked-Meat.. That just gave me goose bumps..

So Welcome to the Island.. Hope you enjoy the site..
                    Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

I have seen some highly skilled folks doing some great BBQ never achieve OTBS over there. I came here via invite and never looked back. What a breath of fresh air! Anyway we see more and more SMF refugees land on the island of misfits these days. Hell, the more the merrier!
                      Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                      Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                      SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                      Yoder Wichita
                      Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                      Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                      Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

from another Minnesotan, don't cha know...not to mention, a former OTBS, #189. Got here by invite (thanks Dana )

This is by far, the most people friendly, laid back Q site around
                        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Welcome Dave.

Looks like another mass migration is taking place. They occur with alarming regularity.

OTBS used to be an honor way back when. But then it got twisted and deprecated into Lord only knows what.

Well enough of the

This forum just feels like home.

Dave
                          CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                          UDS 1.0
                          Afterburner
                          Weber Performer
                          Blue Thermapen
                          Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                          Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                          Auber Smoker Controller
                          Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                          -
                          "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I did the same thing a while back. I really like it here. I've learned a lot and get great feedback. Even managed to win a contest! I appreciate the low tolerance for negative attitudes toward the community. Glad to see you made it over.

John
                            sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

Cheers Man!...Glad ya up in this gig of eatin!
                              Sunset Eagle Aviation
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Welcome to the Island. Hope ya have some sausage recipes to share and show off.

Comment

Working...
                                X