Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Smokers!

Hello All!

I was told about this place from a number of people, over at Ron's forum FOTW. Brook, recent member here, had talked about the huge number of good posts to go through here...and I feel the same way. I was going to wait to make my introduction until I was a caught up on the posts a bit more. But I have to say...there's so much information, and the number of forums...I'm a bit overwhelmed. So...here it goes

I've been smoking for a while now, but I really need to elevate my abilities...this looks like the right place. I started off smoking on a few Snpp offsets (one at home, one at work). After a number of years I ended up getting a BackWoods Fatboy...I just added a Bbq Guru a few weeks ago.

Looking at some of the posts, and pictures here, there are some really skilled smokers on this site. I also like the way Richtee, and others, will tactfully add some comments and suggestions about suggestions in technique.

HooRay Food!

Dan

Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Welcome Daniel-san... to a HUGE time burning pit of knowledge

Wade around... no worries. The piranha are filet'd and developing a pellicle... :{)
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

welcome Dan, good to see you here too! There's certainly a ton of knowledge here, so don't feel shy about jumping in!
        Last edited by PitRow; 06-24-2014, 03:08 PM.
        Mike
        Life In Pit Row

Comment

Welcome Dan!!!

And Thanks to Ron for getting you over here!!

Bear
          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

from Kentucky!
            Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
            Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
            1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
            Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
            Weber Smokey Joe
            Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
            Pink Thermapen
            Purple Thermapen

Comment

Welcome from Oregon Wine Country
              Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
              Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
              A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
              A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
              Frogmats
              Maverick ET 732
              Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Welcome from Kansas!
                Good One Heritage Oven
                Weber Performer Deluxe

sigpic

Comment

WELCOME!
                  sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
                  Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
                  Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Hello Bwerth, DSGarner, Irish Chef and Sweet Magnolia...thanks for the welcome!

Hello BearCarver...first off...thanks for your service. Also, is that your Bear Carving, in your moniker? Real nice work!

it's nice to see some familiar faces here too, Hello PitRow!

Richtee...thanks for the welcome...can't wait to dig into the site...it looks like a real nice place.

Thanks for the welcome Charcuteryan! Appreciate it

Dan

Comment

Hey Dan, real good to see ya here! Just wade right in, got a question - someone will know sumptin!
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

from Kansas! If you want good people and encouragement, you're in the right place, it's all here!

Comment

Hi Mark! I'm sure I'll plenty of questions on q and sausages...I can't wait! But we just moved into our new house a few days ago...plenty of unpacking to do.

I still gotta get to my smoker and large grill (packed away) as well...but in the mean time I've been cooking a the trusty ol' Weber Kettle.

Just lots to do and I we now have a little over 3 acres to mow as well...I'm really excited about that, especially with the kids.

But I'll be back smokin'/cookin' soon enough. Besides, I gotta a small crawfish boil (and étouffée) this Sunday...the house won't be put together yet...but I should be able to get to the crawfish pot!

All the best!

Dan
                          Last edited by gonefishin; 06-24-2014, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gonefishin View Post
                            I gotta a small crawfish boil (and étouffée) this Sunday...the house won't be put together yet...but I should be able to get to the crawfish pot!

All the best!

Dan
                            Ohh Man, that gonna be goood!
                            Mark
                            sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                            Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Glad ya found your way over Dan...Yer in the right place...
                              Craig
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X