Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonefishin View Post
    Hello All!

I was told about this place from a number of people, over at Ron's forum FOTW. Brook, recent member here, had talked about the huge number of good posts to go through here...and I feel the same way. I was going to wait to make my introduction until I was a caught up on the posts a bit more. But I have to say...there's so much information, and the number of forums...I'm a bit overwhelmed. So...here it goes

I've been smoking for a while now, but I really need to elevate my abilities...this looks like the right place. I started off smoking on a few Snpp offsets (one at home, one at work). After a number of years I ended up getting a BackWoods Fatboy...I just added a Bbq Guru a few weeks ago.

Looking at some of the posts, and pictures here, there are some really skilled smokers on this site. I also like the way Richtee, and others, will tactfully add some comments and suggestions about suggestions in technique.

HooRay Food!

Dan
    Hey Dan,

havent seen you over @ LTHforum in a long time.

welcome to SM -

jimswside
    Last edited by chisoxjim; 06-24-2014, 04:46 PM.
    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Hello BearCarver...first off...thanks for your service. Also, is that your Bear Carving, in your moniker? Real nice work!

Dan
      Yes, and Thanks Dan, That's one of mine.

Here's a bunch of them:
      http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20256

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

from Iowa
        Steve

Comment

South Jersey checkin' in. Nice to have you.
          Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
          My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
          @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Great to have you join us Dan, from North Dakota!
            --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
            www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Welcome to Smoked-Meat Dan.. Glad to have you here.. Looking forward to seeing some cooks from you soon..
              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Thanks for the welcome SmokeFreak! You too Analog Girl...what's the reasoning behind the name?

Hello Jim...long time no see. No, I haven't been over to LTH in quite some time. No real reason...just other things took over for a while...then settled in elsewhere.

BearCarver...I visited the link of your work...excellent work!

Thanks for the welcome Smc, SmokinOutBack, MossyMO and Texas Hunter!

Dan

Comment

Thanks for the welcome SmokeFreak! You too Analog Girl...what's the reasoning behind the name?

BearCarver...I visited the link of your work...excellent work! Dan
                  I don't know how old you are, but Joe Walsh released the first album of his own in twenty years. The name of it is "Analog Man". Great music! The title song fits me to a tee! That's the reasoning behind the name.

I want one of those bears! I LOVE BEARS!

Comment

from Washington
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Analog Girl View Post
                      I don't know how old you are, but Joe Walsh released the first album of his own in twenty years. The name of it is "Analog Man". Great music! The title song fits me to a tee! That's the reasoning behind the name.

I want one of those bears! I LOVE BEARS!
                      Oh yeah, I do know his stuff. How ya Doin'!

I thought you may have been into Lp's or tube equipment...after seeing your reply...I would guess somewhat.

Love the avatar, Fishawn...thanks for the welcome.

Comment

from the Valley of the Sun Devil.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                        Paul

Comment

Thanks ICEMAN!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Great username.
                            jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank ya Cowgirl! Have a great Fourth!

Comment

Okay...we'll be having our last crawfish boil of the season tomorrow. But today I've got the little bugs at the firehouse, so we had a taste of what's to come.

Crawfish Boil & Crawfish Etouffee

we'll be having the rest tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X