Authentic taquitos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barleypop View Post
    Taquitos are rolled, dem are tacos! Dey still rolling!
    not necessarily......."little tacos"........those qualify.
    sigpic
    it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by chefrob View Post
      not necessarily......."little tacos"........those qualify.
      Not, 2nd generation beaner here. Dem are soft tacos. Taquitos are rolled and fried, come on you are a chef.

Comment

Actually most soft tacos you get in the barrio have two tortillas per taco.

Comment

Originally posted by barleypop View Post
          Not, 2nd generation beaner here. Dem are soft tacos. Taquitos are rolled and fried, come on you are a chef.
          actually there is no such thing as a "soft taco"........come on, i thought you were a actual bonefied "beaner".
          sigpic

Comment

actually there is no such thing as a "soft taco"........come on, i thought you were a actual bonefied "beaner".
            Take a trip to old mehico.

Comment

What ever they are they should look good. Just had a plate of them at the Mexican restaurant. They refer to them as Mexican style steak tacos, probably for us honkies.
              sigpic
              GMG Daniel Boone
              UDS
              Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
              Vision Kamado grill
              Weber Genesis Silver
              Smokin Tex
              MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
              Maverick ET 732
              Brown and lime green ThermaPens
              2 orange ThermoPops
              A-Maze-N Tube 18"
              A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
              Vortex

Comment

Don't care what you call them, they look really good.

Comment

In Phoenix you can call these street taco for the white boys or Taquitos for the messicans. Now there are also rolled Taquitos so you need to know what you are ordering. Off any roach coach or Little taco stand you ask for Taquitos and this is what you would get except on a small tortilla and 2 of them. This from a first generation beaner from mehico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Jerod
                  GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                  sigpic

Comment

Funny. I'm definitely a white guy. If I ever said beaner at work, there would be six of my guys shooting me full of holes with the air nailers. We do eat well on the job site though. Gotta love their cultural influence into my cuisine. Those look mighty tasty.
                    sigpic

Some days I think Bravo Zulu, other days it's more like Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

Comment

sorry for the thread shitting jerod.........one of the things i hate about getting older is that now 4 of them is my absolute max..........i 'member back in the day me and a couple of friends would smash 10lbs of carne asada that he would bring from mexicali and drink all night long....no grill, dug a hole in the ground and grabbed the rack from the oven......those days are long gone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Authentic taquitos

I don't give 2 $hits about thread jacking. It's all good. One great thing about food is it's different in every region. Damn messicans keep their food close to the vest. I can say this $hit cuz I'm the only white guy in my house. Got me 6 great messican kids and a messican wife. Some say I'm the best damn white cook in the house. I say I'm the only white cook in the house....lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Jerod
                        GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                        sigpic

Comment

LMAO...........the regional thing is a good point...i asked my sous chef about this and he sided with BP on this one but he is from northern mexico. i asked him you ''have ever referred to them as a plate full of taquitos?".....he said sure probably but when he orders "taquitos" he means "rolled tacos". in my family, what you made are taquitos and rolled tacos are just that......and regular tacos are the larger corn tortillas stuffed and fried in lard......damn, i could go for some of those right now too............damn it Jerod! point is that different clans within a culture have different names for the same things as well as same names for different things.....and food is no exception. all i know is now i'm hungry for some damn tacos.........of any kind!
                          sigpic

Comment

tacos, taquitos, soft tacos, burritos, whatever, they're all tasty in my book!
                            Mike
                            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Sorry I'm a puritan to a point. Menudo has hominy, I don't get tex mex or black beans and I like tortas. I didn't know what fish tacos were growing up and tapatio or valentina was my hot sauce, wth is cholula? Pan mexicano and ibarra mixed with a wooden utensil was a desert.

Comment

LMAO...........the regional thing is a good point...i asked my sous chef about this and he sided with BP on this one but he is from northern mexico. i asked him you ''have ever referred to them as a plate full of taquitos?".....he said sure probably but when he orders "taquitos" he means "rolled tacos". in my family, what you made are taquitos and rolled tacos are just that......and regular tacos are the larger corn tortillas stuffed and fried in lard......damn, i could go for some of those right now too............damn it Jerod! point is that different clans within a culture have different names for the same things as well as same names for different things.....and food is no exception. all i know is now i'm hungry for some damn tacos.........of any kind!
                                Somehow I gotta figure out to make this come together.I can make the parts, but not together. I will learn!
                                Mark
                                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                                X