Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh walleye fillets cornbread breaded and misc pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet E! Nice fishies!
    sigpic

Comment

nice set up and fish Erain!! This year our MNR has changed the catch limit on our local lake from 4 walleye with a slot, to 2 walleye and the slot remains, all between 40-60 cm must be thrown back, and also we can only posses 1 of these over the 60cm mark.
      Have you ever smoked up any of them Eyes? MMmmmm!!!!
      www.facebook.com/butchcolquhoun _____________________________________________

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
        Maybe you Me and E aughta get together and make a plan.Hell who knows mabey Todd would even get his way up to E's and sneek along
        Dang straight we should do that... i come up on 64 and make a left at the stop sign which turns into 371, loops around bemedji and heads ya to blackduck. If Todd could drive up and meet me at my place. Not sure where you live but generally make a stop at Petes...

Originally posted by butcher View Post
        nice set up and fish Erain!! This year our MNR has changed the catch limit on our local lake from 4 walleye with a slot, to 2 walleye and the slot remains, all between 40-60 cm must be thrown back, and also we can only posses 1 of these over the 60cm mark.
        Have you ever smoked up any of them Eyes? MMmmmm!!!!
        Steve, dont really smoke walleyes per say, not enough oil in the fish for me. But did a little twist on them a few years back.
        http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192

PS, I really like what the ministry is doing with the fish limits and sizes.
        Charbroil SFB
        GOSM
        MES
        Dutch Ovens and other CI
        Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
        Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

man oh man, dont know how i missed this earlier.

no walleyes or sauger but we get on their cousin the yellow perch every winter, but this year is very very down

thanks for sharing
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Steve, dont really smoke walleyes per say, not enough oil in the fish for me. But did a little twist on them a few years back.
            http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192

PS, I really like what the ministry is doing with the fish limits and sizes.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya on the "oil shortage"... I always batter (dry) with "Uncle Bucks" original, and deep fry!!
            and Yep, I have no prob with the MNR slot size and limits either... its the only way to sustain fish for future generations :)
            www.facebook.com/butchcolquhoun _____________________________________________

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by butcher View Post
              I have no prob with the MNR slot size and limits either... its the only way to sustain fish for future generations :)
              Is actually better than that even. The quality of fishing that we have today on lakes which have had the slots in place for a bit is amazing. Also they have given the angler an option in some cases. Lowered the max size down and instead of a huge female harvested the odds are more than likley a smaller fish will have been caught and selected leaving the best genetics and breeders to continue on.

I know the light bulb would do the trick. If i were doing that i would use a rough service bulb, in case something drips on the bulb and it may shatter. The rough service bulbs have a plastic outer covering. As cold as your at a cheap 1 burner hotplate would work too.
              Charbroil SFB
              GOSM
              MES
              Dutch Ovens and other CI
              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Great post! Great fish, great food, great fishing, great photos. Now I'm gonna hit ya with questions. I haven't ice fished in 15 years since my ice fishing buddy moved to Alaska. Always kinda viewed it as a social sport, and haven't found anyone I care to sit on hard water with I guess (thats cares to do it). Anyway, how do the tent type ice houses hold up? We get upwards of 60mph winds here on the lakes we fished. We had a homemade shack with plywood floors and endwalls, and a canvas over that. Still had to anchor it down. Do you drill a full hole for the finder, or just a divet with a puddle for the trxdcr? We mostly set up tip ups for norther pike here, with smelt are you jigging spoons or jigs for the wallye. Finally, what is the "slot" you talk of? I'm guessing something to do with the female fishes reproducitve gear, and size limits for keeping? Haven't had good wallye in many years, my keyboard got wet from drooling here
                sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

Comment

Very cool post, E - thanks for taking us along with ya!

for those cone-breaded feel'its!

Those shanties definitely make it a lot more comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                  X