Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's back!!!

Comment

best get shuckin oysters...ya got it on!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
        [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTzlxaZatUU&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

embedded :-)

And yep - teriyaki hot smoked salmon is a favourite of mine.
        Although I think the maple glazed one is better :-)

Have to admit though it seemed a shame firing up that big old smoker for just the one side of salmon
        Yes it was all i had was 10-12 sticks to burn not even enough for ribs.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
          I will not be a butthead with rum glasses on! I will not be a butthead with rum glasses on! I will not be a butthead with rum glasses on! I will not be a butthead with rum glasses on!

Ok as you look at the video window on youtube, below the video window is a button to share, click on that, it will give you three choices - one of them in embed. Click on that it will give you a window with the "code" to embed. Copy that, and paste into your post here. Like this,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bTzlxaZatUU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What I should have posted to start with.
          Thanks that may have taken me a bit to figure. Never did it before. Now i know.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Im not much of a fish guy, my go to meat is brisket. Then ribs (spares then Baby) then pork loin, bla bla and so on. Anyway was an easy video edit idea. Would take days to edit a brisket cook. A 1hr fish took like 10 hr with a learning curve on the edit software. Totally off the subject my youtube channel is SeriouslySon all one word check out my 5yo (4min video) changing the oil in my truck. Wait till the end for the bloopers dont fall off the Couch its freakin funny, https://youtu.be/0YP9kJCNwYM

Total off subject but its still guy stuff.
            sigpic

Comment

Brisket cooks easy.
              scene 1: 'here's the rubbed brisket going into the smoker.'
              scene 2: 'It's cooked, took x hours, cooked till xdegres internal, look at me slicing it'.
              Job done :-)
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by seriouslyson View Post
                no FDA in my yard i should be ok using a hose
                I grew up drinking out of the hose in the back yard and I'm still alive.

Nice cook! I bet it was delicious! to the site!
                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                Weber Smokey Joe
                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                Pink Thermapen
                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post

Nice cook! I bet it was delicious! to the site!

LOL---Learned real young to "Let it run awhile" to avoid burnt tonsils!!!

Bear
                  Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                  Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

HA! Me too! Looked good. I personally like my salmon about medium rare, so probably 15 minutes or so at those temps would have done it for me. Man I love that cooker. I'll rassle you fer it.
                    A few of my favorite things:
                    Good Whiskey
                    Good Food
                    Bad Girls
                    sigpic

NRA Endowment Member
                    Certified Glock Armorer

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
                      The part that got me was when he washed off the fish with the water hose that was laying on the ground that he used earlier to spray the smoker. Then used his wet hands to slather the marinade on the fish. No edit break in the video, water was still running off the fish, his hands, and arm, so he didn't wash his hands after handling that hose he used to wash off the fish and earlier the smoker.

Sorry, but that just isn't right. JMHO-YMMV

Guys,
                      I think we should all realize that Jim (Above) wasn't saying there was a problem washing the fish off with a garden hose, as we all have in the past drank from a garden hose.
                      The part I believe Jim didn't like was handling the hose with his hands, and then going directly to the Salmon without washing or rinsing his hands off.
                      I kinda sloughed that off because I figured he wiped the fish off with clean paper towels & then put it inside a pretty hot smoker, but I believe Jim had a good point, and his point wasn't about the water inside the hose being a problem.

Just thought I'd mention my observations.

Bear
                      Last edited by Bearcarver; 06-04-2015, 04:59 PM.
                      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                      X