Shredded Chicken Breast Fan? Try This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredded Chicken Breast Fan? Try This

Preheat oven to 450*, cook seasoned chicken breasts with 1/4-1/3 cup lemon juice (we use bottled) covered in foil 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350* for 50 more minutes and remove from oven. Vent foil until cool enough to shred with forks in your cooking vessel to soak up seasoning and juices. Works awesome ever thyme. Very juicy and tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
    Preheat oven to 450*, cook seasoned chicken breasts with 1/4-1/3 cup lemon juice (we use bottled) covered in foil 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350* for 50 more minutes and remove from oven. Vent foil until cool enough to shred with forks in your cooking vessel to soak up seasoning and juices. Works awesome ever thyme. Very juicy and tender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting the lemon juice...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

I'd hit that!

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
        Interesting the lemon juice...
        I have not tried fresh lemon juice, but can only think it would be better The lemon does add a "brightness" to it, which is welcome. I have tried 7up and Ginger Ale and both worked well (just liquid right?), but don't recall tasting a difference in either. Wife units Aunt passed it along to us. Don't know what the starting at a higher temp, then lowering it does, and dont think its anything groundbreaking, but for shredding chicken breasts its been foolproof so far, after aboot 10 tries. Highly recommended if you like shredded chicken for salads, tacos, nachos, chili, sandwiches, or anything else.
        sigpic

Comment

Interesting. Always good to have on hand!!
          Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
          Yoder YS640
          Weber Genesis
          Weber 18.5" Kettle
          Weber Performer
          Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Looks good Mr. Fish...
            I've always just used a slow cooker for shredding cluck boobs. I recently cooked some up with an Italian Dressing mix for some manicotti to be made at a later date. I've also made up a mix for enchiladas by adding a green enchilada sauce & some chopped roasted hatch chilis, the options are practically endless.

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
            Paul

Comment

Brine or no?

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                Brine or no?
                I never have, dont feel the need, but could I guess? Marinade in Italian Dresing I might try.
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm... in a pan, indirect on the kettle for some smoke... maybe/why knot? The lemon juice not only adds flavor, butt helps break the meat down. Grate idea.

Looks goooood Scotty!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                    Hmmmm... in a pan, indirect on the kettle for some smoke... maybe/why knot? The lemon juice not only adds flavor, butt helps break the meat down. Grate idea.

Looks goooood Scotty!
                    I wasn't gonna say that but that's how I would do it
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                      I wasn't gonna say that but that's how I would do it
                      Yup. BTW, you and me gotta meet...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Best be careful, FREAK... He only wants to steal your rotisserie skills...

Not to mention the occasional campfire

My --->
                        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
                          Looks good Mr. Fish...
                          I've always just used a slow cooker for shredding cluck boobs.
                          x2. In fact I have some boobs in the slow cooker with taco seasoning right now for taco salad tonight. They always come out drier than a popcorn fart though. I suppose because of the long cooking time, even on low they're in there 10 hours or so by the time I get back from work. I'll have to give this method a try.

Thanks Fish!
                          Mike
                          Life In Pit Row

Comment

Looks Great, Scott !!!

I'm not a Big consumer of Chicken Breasts, but Mrs Bear is.

Do you like that more than SV?
                            No MH Poultry Brine used on this method?

Sorry about the 3rd degree.

Bear
                            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcarver View Post
                              Looks Great, Scott !!!

I'm not a Big consumer of Chicken Breasts, but Mrs Bear is.

Do you like that more than SV?
                              No MH Poultry Brine used on this method?

Sorry about the 3rd degree.

Bear
                              Hey John, no problem on questions I have not compared them side by side, butt my wife likes this method/results and will eat shredded chicken in most anything cooked this way. I will eat most anything, cooked most any way .... I like shredded chicken breast this way. Like it more than SV cooked? Not sure, I have not cooked breasts this way to cut and eat in pieces, only shredded, so I can't really say. I need to try it though

SV or grilled, she does not really care for much, butt will eat it, and will not eat anything other than chicken breasts. Just the way she is

No brine of any kinda used, just seasoning to choice and liquid in the cooking vessel (bottled Lemon juice has been the norm so far).

Might be worth a try if you get a chance, see how it goes Be curious on what Mrs. Bear thinks
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X