High Blood Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Blood Pressure

Any of you guys have high blood pressure? What meds are you on? How high is too high? I've been having this fluttering in my chest lately and a pain behind my shoulder blade so a friend suggested I check my blood pressure. I went to two different places and it was 183/111 and 175/119. From what I'm reading on the internet that's pretty high.

I'll probably go to the doc soon, but this is kinda new to me, just wanted to see what you guys know about it.

Dear, you may want to head in soon. Like today. Normal is 120/80 or less, and high, is 140/100. You are at "stroke" level.
    Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Originally posted by IrishChef View Post
      Dear, you may want to head in soon. Like today. Normal is 120/80 or less, and high, is 140/100. You are at "stroke" level.
      he is right you best go in and see a DR....NOW
      sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
      members mark upright propane smoker
      kingsford bbq
      23"weber kettle

Comment

I'm not a doc, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but the combo of symptoms you have, along with the BP, is not good. Call your clinic, tell them what is going on. There is a good chance they will tell you to either call an ambulance, or go into the ER, as that is what they may do if you show up at the clinic, presenting with those symptoms.
        Once you go Weber....you never call customer service....

Comment

Get your bushy tail to the doctor now, that's pretty high BP, good luck, and I hope the doc can help you figure out the cause, prayers going out to ya

GOSM
          K.C.B.S Member # 60786
          Digital Thermometers
          Hybrid Kenmore grill 1/2 charcoal 1/2 gas
          140 lb English Mastiff/ American Bulldog, she is my taste tester and BBQ companion.

Comment

Good Luck Cheryl, Good thing for the quick responses.

Comment

I am not a Dr. but i sleep with one (most nights).

She says bottom number over 110 or top number over 200. Call your dr. or have someone take you to the ER!
              "Because without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

Comment

I have high blood pressure and take Lisinopril daily for it. I have a cuff at home to monitor it. I also have white coat sydrome so no matter what I'm taking when I go into the Dr.s office to have it checked it's always high. At home on medication I run about 117/68. I was in your ballpark before. Get on it (or something else) Squirrel and don't screw around with it.
                sigpic

GOSM/propane
                UDS (Cam)/lump
                22.5 Weber Kettle/lump
                Weber Genesis/propane
                Camp Chef Pro 90/ propane

Comment

you need to head straight to an emergency room. get yer EKG done and see a cardioligist after that.

If I were in yer shoes. no salt are any thing that will make your heart rate go up. like red bull, monster ect.

if you are not taking fish oil (omega3) tablets you might consider taking 1000mg in morning and at bed. also 1000mg of flaxseed oil tablets one in am and one at night before bed.

but at any rate you should leave your residents now and seek medical help.
                  sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                  nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Squirrel, don't you be playing around with that dear. Time to cut back on the booze and the salt. Mine was like 170 over I think 100 "Not sure now" it's been a couple of years. I take a pink one and a white one. I'm a retard when it comes to pills but I can tell ya "please" get it under control or ya headed for trouble. All the best from up north...
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    KCBS CBJ

Comment

[QUOTE=lcruzen;210362]I have high blood pressure and take Lisinopril daily for it.

Lc,
                      are you taking Lisinopril or Lisinopril HCT? I was on the HCT and it raised my uric acid so high I developed Gout. Horrible stuff that Gout. After finally getting my Doc to listen and stop blowing my symptoms off as "you are overweight" he put me on the regular Lisinopril and Uloric. The uric acid is coming down nicely and I feel so much better and am more active. I have lost 45 pounds so far. Just trying to give a friend a heads up for symptoms.
                      Sorry for hyjackin the thread squirrel....you NEED to get to a hospital NOW!
                      A stroke is something nobody wants to deal with!
                      Take care and heed the warnings!

SOB

Comment

Best wishes sent Cheryl.... Get it checked out please
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Best wishes sent Cheryl.... Get it checked out please
                          No kidding...with those numbers I hope she's in right now. I ended up like 160/100 last week with the pain from the muscle spasms, they were none too happy about that. But good drugs took that down :{)
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

If I don't take my meds, mine would be in that same range. Never been sick in my life. Never had any symptoms or pain. Salt, booze and Monsters and stress will probably be my undoing.

Time for a complete physical exam for Squirrel.
                            Keith

Comment

Yoooo girl, if you ain't been to the Dr yet today get there! Or your gonna need a good spanking!
                              Mark
                              sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                              Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                              X