Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, it's almost the weekend...... What is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ganny76 View Post
    As Chisox said the number one team in the country is coming to town to play my Noles. Not sure if we are going to ride down to the stadium and tailgate (dont have tickets, not paying $400 a peice for them) or sit at the house and party. Kick things off tomorrow night with LSU vs. MSU. Going to be a great college football weekend.
    $400 for a seat at a COLLEGE football game ?
    Wow - you guys really take college sports serious.

Well I'm up at about 05:30 sunday to get parents to manchester airport - then it's just me and the dogs for 2 weeks . Maybe bbq saturday.

Other than that got some cold smoking needs doing, some experimental ham-like-type-stuff that's been in the fridge for a few months needs looking at to see if it's actually edible.
    Try and get a little further forward in the food business thing.

Line up a few of the 'list' projects for next couple of weeks and try my damndest to actually watch some of the rugby world cup. Problem being it's being held in new zealand (yes it's a proper WORLD cup ) which is about 11 hours ahead so most of the games are being played between 1-9 am. And yes the states have a team there as do the canadians. No idea what the time difference is over there - maybe a little more sociable
    England usually do well at the world cup - last one we came second and the one before we won. Although to be honest as long as we beat france and australia (if we play them), the rest is just gravy

There is no feeling greater for an englishman than to see his national side put france out of ANY kind of sporting tournament :-)
    And few worse than being beaten by them
    Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
    Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
      Drinking beer, drinking beer, drinking beer...There is the weekend.
      Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
      My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
      @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Slanted88 View Post
        Just hope I can relax this weekend...Me Pop's is on the mend!
        That's good to hear Mike!

For me and the Meat And Three BBQ Team it is the last KCBS Comp of the season. So it's the 4 meats and a peoples choice in chili. Weather will be dry and temps in the high 60's, low 70's. Nice.

Comment

my biggest dillema for the O.U. games Saturday night is to either:

a) dig into the ol' box freezer and grab some of the thick Iowa pork chops, and sausages that I have been gathering from my midwest roadtrips

or

b) go buy some fresh meats and sausages, cook some this weekend, and add some to the freezer stash...

Pretty sure plan "b" unless the CFO(my wife) says no.
          Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

Originally posted by chisoxjim View Post
            my biggest dillema for the O.U. games Saturday night is to either:

a) dig into the ol' box freezer and grab some of the thick Iowa pork chops, and sausages that I have been gathering from my midwest roadtrips

or

b) go buy some fresh meats and sausages, cook some this weekend, and add some to the freezer stash...

Pretty sure plan "b" unless the CFO(my wife) says no.
            Jimmy, you got a tough choice on your hands........ Looks like a win - win though
            sigpic

Comment

I think everyone needs to start the weekend early and call in sick tomorrow,,,LSU and Miss State playing tonight on ESPN. Geaux Tigers....
              Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

I will definitely have the tv tuned to the game tonight. My wife is a Nole first, but has always loved LSU. We took a trip out there about 7 years ago to watch them play Troy State and she fell in love with them. Great stadium and campus.(from what I remember )
                Stay thirsty my friends!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
                  I think everyone needs to start the weekend early and call in sick tomorrow,,,LSU and Miss State playing tonight on ESPN. Geaux Tigers....
                  Not my teams, but I love the SEC and will be watching!!!!
                  Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                  Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                  1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                  Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                  Weber Smokey Joe
                  Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                  Pink Thermapen
                  Purple Thermapen

Comment

After last weekends blowout........I was thinkin of no smokin this weekend.......as the time gets closer.............

Time will tell
                    Craig
                    sigpic

Comment

Be on the hunt fer some Oyster's...Tomorrow...
                      Sunset Eagle Aviation
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

I think if anything, we are just going to get some nice cuts of meat and grill. Could sure go for a good ribeye
                        https://youtu.be/ZcqprrIlbcIli

Comment

Menu is done. All finger foods. Hot wings, abt's numerous ways, th's banderos and bacon wrapped tater tots, bacon wrapped chicken livers with water chestnut, apalachicola oysters every way u can imagine, bacardi with whatever u want, coors light super cold and a big fat W for the NOLES!!!!

Comment

This Just In!

I'm going to smoke some spareribs. I've only done them twice before, back when I was a stone cold rookie, and only one of those was good.

I'm going to trim them up St. Louis style and hit them with the Mad Hunky tonight, then smoke them over some almond wood tomorrow.

Think I'll make up some ABTs, too. Haven't made those in a long while. Got some smoked Gouda finally aged enough to use, so if I can wrangle up some cashews, I'll make my ABTs like the ones I saw Fishawn post recently.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                              $400 for a seat at a COLLEGE football game ?
                              Wow - you guys really take college sports serious.

Yes we do... Some of the best paid non professional players in the USA...

ANY and ALL college programs in the US is dirty.. I guess we should call it the Minor League, AAA, AA to the pros..

God forbid we play the game for fun..

OK. I'm off my soap box..
                              Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
                                Yes we do... Some of the best paid non professional players in the USA...

ANY and ALL college programs in the US is dirty.. I guess we should call it the Minor League, AAA, AA to the pros..

God forbid we play the game for fun..

OK. I'm off my soap box..
                                Miami will forever be known as the University of Boats and Hoes. The "U". Always Underestimated, Always Under rated, never Under payed!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X