No announcement yet.

Pizza oven is in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWWAAAAHHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!! Looking forward to the updates!

Comment

That looks great!! That will put out some great pizza I tell you. are you going to use a traditional dough with it or use and old world style?? Good luck!!
      Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
      Yoder YS640
      Weber Genesis
      Weber 18.5" Kettle
      Weber Performer
      Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Sweet!!!!
        Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
        Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
        1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
        Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
        Weber Smokey Joe
        Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
        Pink Thermapen
        Purple Thermapen

Comment

Originally posted by barkonbutts View Post
          That looks great!! That will put out some great pizza I tell you. are you going to use a traditional dough with it or use and old world style?? Good luck!!
          I have a friend who owns a pizza place and a regular restaurant. He has a very thin crust dough that we really like and is going to get me the mix. We also make a sourdough crust that we have had great luck with and I have been reading and taking notes from a Pizza forum.

There are so many things you can cook in one of these as Ryan has shown us that I am really excited to start the trek
          Scarbelly

Comment

Wow.. I'm jealous. Great start! Can't wait to see you rockin this thing!!
            Don

Humphrey's Pint
            Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
            Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
            Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
            Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
            Anova One Sous Vide
            AMPS
            Purple Thermapen
            Maverick ET-733
            DigIQ DX2
            Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

Cant wait to see the finished product!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post

There are so many things you can cook in one of these as Ryan has shown us that I am really excited to start the trek

Frickin' pilgrim, at this end your making me more than jealous and envious. Showed it to my wife and she wanted to know when she was getting hers. So, now I got one of these on my 5 year plan. Yours is looking fantastic so far, right uptown if ya ask me. Definitely the so far.
                sigpic

Comment

look on the brightside david - it doesn't require welding :-)
                  Just an awful lot of work (judging by ryans anyway).
                  You know ryan has been known to travel for work....
                  Just saying

Tell you what, that is going to make for some great 4H pizza cooks !
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

you kidding me, a pizza oven in the back yard! some people get all the toys. looks great cant wait to see the finished project
                    sigpic
                    Brown Trout Wickiup Reservoir, beautiful Central Oregon

Comment

You guys are going to have so much fun with it. The children will believe they are in heaven. Very popular friends and neighbors you will become.
                      I really enjoyed my build and miss the the fun I had building it. I will enjoy your build as you move along. Looks great so far.
                      Pizza is fun, but my new true love is bread. Nothing quite compares to brick oven bread. What has your research unçovered, as far as what wood will you be using? Have you thought on a couple type K thermocouples to watch hearth and dome temps, during cooks?
                      Fabulous!
                      Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                      Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Yay Gary! Woohoo! You guys are gonna have a blast with this thing. I can't wait to see what you're gonna do first. Wow! Congrats to you and Miz Scar.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle-Honky View Post
                          You guys are going to have so much fun with it. The children will believe they are in heaven. Very popular friends and neighbors you will become.
                          I really enjoyed my build and miss the the fun I had building it. I will enjoy your build as you move along. Looks great so far.
                          Pizza is fun, but my new true love is bread. Nothing quite compares to brick oven bread. What has your research unçovered, as far as what wood will you be using? Have you thought on a couple type K thermocouples to watch hearth and dome temps, during cooks?
                          Fabulous!
                          We have been making bread for a long time and it is one of the reasons we are installing the oven.

I will look into the thermocouples - do you have a good source?
                          Scarbelly

Comment

Here is the first layer of fire brick. We did some research and they recommend using 2 layers if doing bread as it will hold the temps better for a longer period. I have a call with the manufacturer today to discuss
                            Here is the front section installed and the back dry fitted

First layer completed and a sample of the terra cotta tile we plan to use for the trim and accent
                            Scarbelly

Comment

Maybe I'm just missing it in the pics, but does the firebox section have a chimney of any sort, or does the exhaust just come out the front?
                              Mike
                              Life In Pit Row

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post
                                Maybe I'm just missing it in the pics, but does the firebox section have a chimney of any sort, or does the exhaust just come out the front?
                                What you are seeing is the wood storage that is below the oven which we have not started to assemble yet - one more layer of fire brick then we start the oven shell and the surround
                                Scarbelly

Comment

Working...
                                X