Amazen Smoker questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erain View Post
    damn, and not just because Todd another Minnesota guy... but i have seen time and time again, as well as personal expierience where the man takes the time to not only help with a reply, tells us the ins and outs of his products, and so many times sends out stuff just to help or satisfy curiousity.

That is top notch customer service...
    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

My Wife calls me an "KissAss"
      - http://www.AMAZENPRODUCTS.COM
      - 40" MES
      - Char-Broil The Big Easy Infrared Turkey Fryer
      - Stainless Steel BBQ Grill
      - Gander #12 Grinder
      - Cabelas 20# Stuffer
      - Gander Meat Mixer

Comment

I don't know how good dust burns in a AMNPS, because I never had to try it.

I use my AMNS for under 180˚, and my AMNPS for over 180˚.

All works perfectly.

Todd is The Man!

Bear
        Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
        Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by TJohnson View Post
          My Wife calls me an "KissAss"
          I can just imagine what you call her
          I've used both dust & pellets in my AMNPS and have had no issues.
          Works like a champ. Todd has set the bar in Customer Service
          sigpic
          New Braunfels Bandera
          New Braunfels Hondo
          4-22.5" Weber Kettles
          1-26" Weber Kettle
          24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
          Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

I have not had any problems keeping it lit. I asked Todd if it works to combine the dust and pellets and he said do not mix them. What wood are you using? Some of the harder woods (if they are 100% pellets) need a softer wood mixed in with them. I use wine barrel pellets and to keep them lit I have to mix them with oak.
            KCBS Competition team Bill-B-Que-Minnesota
            KCBS-CBJ
            Cookshack FEC120
            Yoder Kingman/Comp Cart
            Weber Performer
            Weber Smokey Mountain
            Rocks Stoker WIFI
            ThermoWorks Pro BBQ Kit
            ThermoWorks Thermapen Orange

http://www.yodersmokers.com/

www.amazenproducts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bill-...8578881?ref=hl

I have a FaceBook page for our BBQ team Bill-B-Que
            Please like the page if you would like so you may keep up with what we are doing

Comment

If you have trouble keeping the A-Maz-Smoker going I recommend drying out the dust or pellets in the over. Fix my problem completely.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Todd is tops man! I am going to try drying some pellets tomorrow and seeing about hooking up a fish bubbler to the bottom and see what that does.

Yes, I am cold smoking. I used apple pellets and maple pellets with the same results.
                BTW, I am thinking of putting some pistachio shells on top of the pellets tomorrow to see what that smokes like :D
                I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

Originally posted by TJohnson View Post
                  ....You need a layer of oak, hickory or maple pellets under them, to keep them going.
                  those are what i use and have had no issues when i cold smoke..........need to order some more, keep up the great work todd!
                  sigpic
                  it's all good my friend..........

Comment

Originally posted by someAZdude View Post
                    C'mon now.... Tell me your method! My thinker is not coming up with anything at the moment that wouldn't involve a blender and a pissed off wife
                    :
                    Smash them with a hammer?

Comment

Originally posted by gmotoman View Post
                      Smash them with a hammer?
                      Kinda counter-productive, but if ya get them wet they kinda 'explode" and then you can powder them my hand.
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Good ideas you guys. So I totally forgot to microwave the pellets this morning I was just in too much of a hurry to get going. I did layer some oak first and then pecan and also added some pistachio shells on top. Anyway, there is a great breeze today so I am thinking that I am not going to have much of an issue but we'll see. I will head over to Lowes later to look at some copper tubing to pump air into it for future burns but I really feel like the main problem I am having is a lack of oxygen as I have had the same thing happen while burning all maple pellets.

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

So for those who are interested, here is what happened. I ended up running the whole thing (fully loaded AMNPS) with the layer of oak then pecan and pistachio shells. It NEVER BURNED OUT! I added more and let it run for a bit longer. SO it ran a full load for about 11 hours or so. Ya know, give or take. I wasn't checking the time. I used the AMNPS yesterday with the exact same combination to smoke some jerky. It was about half full and smoked for 5 hours. This time there was no wind for most of the smoke.

I am left to conclude that either the Maple and Apple pellets had moisture in them or they are too dense. It seems like I was able to run no problems with the oak/pecan mix. The only other variable would be that the weather has been rather cool. I don't know if the cool air has any impact on the ability to force air through the lower vents or not but we will be back to our regularly scheduled warm weather working it's way to the hot, hotter, man-it-sucks-to-step-outside-I-think-I'll-stay-in-thank-you, weather we are used to here :P

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                            I can just imagine what you call her
                            I've used both dust & pellets in my AMNPS and have had no issues.
                            Works like a champ. Todd has set the bar in Customer Service
                            I would bet most of the time he just says (Yes Dear)
                            Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light.

www.wedlinydomowe.com/

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/sausage...ure-calculator

ExhaustedSpark
                            Disabled
                            Member American Legion
                            Life Member NRA
                            Life Member ARRL

Comment

im smoking bacon now since 4:00 pm with hickory with amazing smoker and should smoke till 12:00am.question is ,can i start smoking again at 7;00 AM OR do i have to get up at 12:00 am to keep the smoke going??
                              charles t.

Comment

Originally posted by two-eyes-up View Post
                                im smoking bacon now since 4:00 pm with hickory with amazing smoker and should smoke till 12:00am.question is ,can i start smoking again at 7;00 AM OR do i have to get up at 12:00 am to keep the smoke going??
                                charles t.

If you're using an AMNS or AMNPS, why not reload & relight now, and smoke right through midnight, all the way to 7 AM?

Just a thought,

Bear
                                Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                                Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Working...
                                X