This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erain View Post
    LOL Maggsie dont know i volunteered her yet...
    True though on fishkills point......people get tired after awhile........Glad chat is back workin on my computer and i can insult folk dere..Lord help me......

Comment

Originally posted by ALX View Post
      Glad chat is back workin on my computer and i can insult folk dere........
      mebe catch ya this w/e and i can catch up on that!!!
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
        mebe catch ya this w/e and i can catch up on that!!!
        .......wiill be nice sleep in my bed horizontal......always good times in chat with you all........

Comment

Originally posted by turksmithjr View Post
          I see what ya mean, and you're right but at least that example isn't the majority here.

Originally posted by turksmithjr View Post
          Sure, food related safety is always a concern just like firearms safety is always #1.
          Was at the ATM last week and some guy stuck me up with an undercooked piece of chicken
          Just joking, I know guns aren't a toy...but they sure are fun to play with
          There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

I did rotis an 3700 pound elephant last weekend.....Not type thing we photgraph in the hood.......

Definetly 200 internal on the butt.......

Comment

Not type thing we photgraph in the hood.......
              There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

glad you brought it up Scotty,

noticed it lately myself, there has been alot of offtopic(non-bbq) stuff lately, personal stuff, etc.

Personally I dont want to post/read personal stuff on here, but that doesnt mean others should feel the same, the forum is different things to different people.

As far as the forum being unfriendly to newbies, or folks in general I have to diagree, the site is more than fair to new folks & almost too nice at times for my tastes. I bite my tongue alot, but have to call it like I see it sometimes.

The forum tends to police itself, you get out what you put in. You come to stir it up, cook unsafely, or be a jag your gonna & should get smoked.

My (1) beef/suggestion: I would hope that the folks who come here to market, test, sell, their bbq sauces, rubs, vac bags, smokers, etc., disclose who they are and perhaps contribute something to the site besides just trying to take sales from it.

Obviously the above comment is not directed at Rich, or the other long time members who are part of the fabric of this site who I wish nothing but success to.

have at me.
                Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

do threads about how there are not as many food threads count as being part of the problem ?

I've got the pics and threads - just need to get round to posting them.
                  Some of us work for a living (lol)

Plus it's that time of year. the weather is erratic, at it's best.
                  If it's the same tomorrow as it was today: ie short periods of sunshine interspersed by tropical type downpours - I might even risk smoking some stuff for my competition entry.

Way I look at it - long as we're talking about food or food related topics - this forum is serving it's purpose.

So we've had more posts about smokers than ribs (probably not true) - what do you think the ribs are cooked on ?

If you don't want to see non-food related posts - ignore the firepit which is specifically for non-food related posts and general breeze shooting. THat's EXACTLY what it's here for.

But threads complaining about the lack of food threads - got to be counterproductive as they are only adding to the perceived problem (I don't think there is one).

Currently the only non-bbq or food related thread in the top five is.................this one

But if we're having a general winge then the one thing that really drags this place down is the constant sniping and belittilng of derek. Not even a member anymore yet most of you seem to derive an inordiante amount of pleasure in constantly insulting someone who can't have a go back, and wasn't really up to defending himself when he was a member. Pick on the weak and feeble people. Yeah that's big of you all.

There is barely a single thread goes by without someone insulting him.
                  This may be how things are in the states - but I was brought up to not pick on weak and feeble people who can't fight back.
                  It's pathetic, it's tainting the entire forum and I've seriously considered going elsewhere because of it.
                  I know I'm not alone - but maybe I'm the only one who's prepared to bring it out in the open.
                  Maybe because I can fight back, I hate seeing those who can't picked on.

I'm not backing derek - I'm backing a site that doesn't promote, belittling and bullying those less capable than ourselves.
                  You want to know what would put people off joining - that's what would.

It wasn't funny at the time and it get's less amusing (for those of us who don't post drunk) as time goes on.

If you really want the outside web to see smoked-meat as somewhere those who make the odd mistake will be villified, ridiculed and run out of town. Carry on.
                  Eventually all you'll have left is bullying and spite.

If on the other hand you want this to be the outright best smoked food forum on the net. Then those of you - and damn right you know who you are - who insist on perpetuating this crap, please stop and start behaving like adults and not kids in a play ground picking on the crippled kid.

Nuff said.
                  Ken and rich know how I feel - but it's way past time the rest of you did too.
                  Yeah, that's been building up for a while - please heed it.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-15-2012, 11:53 AM.
                  Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                  Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                    do threads about how there are not as many food threads count as being part of the problem ?

If it's the same tomorrow as it was today: ie short periods of sunshine interspersed by tropical type downpours - I might even risk smoking some stuff for my competition entry.

Way I look at it - long as we're talking about food or food related topics - this forum is serving it's purpose.

So we've had more posts about smokers than ribs (probably not true) - what do you think the ribs are cooked on ?

If you don't want to see non-food related posts - ignore the firepit which is specifically for non-food related posts and general breeze shooting. THat's EXACTLY what it's here for.

But threads complaining about the lack of food threads - got to be counterproductive as they are only adding to the perceived problem (I don't think there is one).

Currently the only non-bbq or food related thread in the top five is.................this one

never hurts to have a conversation about a subject, sometimes one persons perception is anothers reality.

I do agree that the best way to not see topics you dont want to see is to not click on them. Same goes for posters you dont care for.
                    Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

I have nothing against non food related threads & have been responsible for my share of them. Just trying to get folks fired up to post what they have been cooking, etc.

Get off your ass Alex & post your stuff up Mate
                      sigpic

Comment

I wanna see the elephant smoke!
                        Don

Humphrey's Pint
                        Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
                        Weber Performer (Black Top, Stainless Steel Table Edition circa 2005)
                        Blackstone Professional Series 36" Griddle
                        Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill
                        Anova One Sous Vide
                        AMPS
                        Purple Thermapen
                        Maverick ET-733
                        DigIQ DX2
                        Misfit #1674

sigpic

Comment

But if we're having a general winge then the one thing that really drags this place down is the constant sniping and belittilng of derek. Not even a member anymore yet most of you seem to derive an inordiante amount of pleasure in constantly insulting someone who can't have a go back, and wasn't really up to defending himself when he was a member. Pick on the weak and feeble people. Yeah that's big of you all.
                          Hear, hear!!!!
                          Mike
                          Life In Pit Row

Comment

I did rotis an 3700 pound elephant last weekend.....Not type thing we photgraph in the hood.......

Dam, that be a small one. not all in the hood ate well I guess. here in nm we have larger ones, chemicals help grow them larger.

Definetly 200 internal on the butt.......

There is barely a single thread goes by without someone insulting him.
                            This may be how things are in the states - but I was brought up to not pick on weak and feeble people who can't fight back.
                            It's pathetic, it's tainting the entire forum and I've seriously considered going elsewhere because of it.
                            I know I'm not alone - but maybe I'm the only one who's prepared to bring it out in the open.
                            Maybe because I can fight back, I hate seeing those who can't picked on.

I'm not backing derek - I'm backing a site that doesn't promote, belittling and bullying those less capable than ourselves.
                            You want to know what would put people off joining - that's what would.

It wasn't funny at the time and it get's less amusing (for those of us who don't post drunk) as time goes on.

If you really want the outside web to see smoked-meat as somewhere those who make the odd mistake will be villified, ridiculed and run out of town. Carry on.
                            Eventually all you'll have left is bullying and spite.

If on the other hand you want this to be the outright best smoked food forum on the net. Then those of you - and damn right you know who you are - who insist on perpetuating this crap, please stop and start behaving like adults and not kids in a play ground picking on the crippled kid.

Nuff said.
                            Ken and rich know how I feel - but it's way past time the rest of you did too.
                            You da Man Ca,,
                            sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                            nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                              Logged in and 3 of the 15 current threads were smoking or cooking related. Thats not a bunch. ...... Its a great forum to bring questions to, but IMO smoking n cooking should come first. Post up your cooks, pics or not....
                              OH...DEAR.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxtd5...eature=related

Comment

I been kinda occupied, be back now. Got a boatload a pics from the last month - soon!
                                Amazing how much BS ya have to go through when someone passes!
                                Mark
                                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
                                X