Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh walleye fillets cornbread breaded and misc pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job dude. My buddy wants to go ice fishing in the mountains soon for trout. We don't have any nice setups like yours so I imagine we will be freezing our butts off! Walleye is one of the best fresh water fish I have caught. Only caught two unfortunately but they aren't prevalent down here and I don't target them often. Here is the one nice one I caught this fall on a jerk bait while bass fishin :D
    I rub it every chance I get!

QUOTE = Meat Hunter

Granted, all this is just in my head. Until I win the lotto, or my career as a stripper pays off, I'm forced to use the kitchen counter....

Comment

Originally posted by minnbill View Post
      Nice job E man.I havent even heard many fishing rumors this year.Ive allways had issues with this end of the lake .Bad karma or something But when we make our anuall trip to the North end to oak island its allways killer just like fishing canadian water
      A couple buddies ,(the guy i sold my big red house to)were on Red this wknd and did alright also. ate a few and took home 2 limits.Had to work hard for them though.But now with the slot being increased to 20'' its almost worthwhile to go up there and try.I hang my head in shame though and will admit I havent even bought a licence yet this year.just been to busy with everything life throws at us.But I do need to get off my butt and just GO FISHIN
      Thanks for the thread
      yeah i know there are alot of people going to Red and doing well, i drive right on by it and keep going north another hour. if and when the whole lake is opened up maybe then..., yeah you could call the bite a bit tuff i guess. all i know is without the flasher one would be having a difficult time.

was driving back and was just going through blackduck, was trying to get me buddy to get onto the forum so i could retreive your phone number but for some reason he couldnt hook up to internet. i was gonna call ya.

i here ya about the busy thing, last year i only went to LOTW ice fishing only one time and said to self that this year was gonna be different. gotta work this coming w/e so i have to stay home.
      Charbroil SFB
      GOSM
      MES
      Dutch Ovens and other CI
      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Great job. I need to make a trip up to LOW this winter as well. Sadly enough it's been a few years since I've been up there in the winter.
        Propane Smoke Shack
        UDS
        Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
        sigpic

Comment

Nice post E, really cool fishin like that! I've never tried walleye, looks good. Just salt water round here.
          Mark
          sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
          Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Awesome!!!
            Erain rides again!!
            You should have fins & gills by now!!!

Bear
            Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
            Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by erain View Post
              yeah i know there are alot of people going to Red and doing well, i drive right on by it and keep going north another hour. if and when the whole lake is opened up maybe then..., yeah you could call the bite a bit tuff i guess. all i know is without the flasher one would be having a difficult time.

was driving back and was just going through blackduck, was trying to get me buddy to get onto the forum so i could retreive your phone number but for some reason he couldnt hook up to internet. i was gonna call ya.

i here ya about the busy thing, last year i only went to LOTW ice fishing only one time and said to self that this year was gonna be different. gotta work this coming w/e so i have to stay home.
              This wknd would be out for me to .Got one of them 3 day Bacoon smokes coming up
              2-22.5'' weber
              1-18'' weber
              1 smokey joe
              22.5'' wsm
              24'' smoke vault
              1-outhouse
              Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
              Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Great post E!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rbranstner View Post
                  Great job. I need to make a trip up to LOW this winter as well. Sadly enough it's been a few years since I've been up there in the winter.
                  Maybe you Me and E aughta get together and make a plan.Hell who knows mabey Todd would even get his way up to E's and sneek along
                  2-22.5'' weber
                  1-18'' weber
                  1 smokey joe
                  22.5'' wsm
                  24'' smoke vault
                  1-outhouse
                  Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
                  Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Thanks for sharing, never have been ice fishing. I have a friend that owns a cabin up in Sho Low and swears by it. He says one of these days we will have to get out so I can see what it's all about. Great looking cook by the way...
                    God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                    Weber Performer Gold
                    Masterbuilt 26" twins
                    Big Chief Electric smoker
                    Brinkmann barrel smoker
                    LEM sausage stuffer
                    Cabela's pro HD grinder
                    Maverick ET-732
                    ThermoWorks Thermapen
                    GrillGrates

Comment

... took this one just for you Maggsie!
                      Beautiful pictures and WOW...that fish looks perfectly cooked! Love the idea of the cornbread. Thanks for sharing!
                      Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                      Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                      1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                      Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                      Weber Smokey Joe
                      Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                      Pink Thermapen
                      Purple Thermapen

Comment

Great post Erain, You always give me ice fishin bug. Maybe this year, but damn it gets chilly sittin on a 5 gallon bucket with your back to the wind.

Comment

Cool Post,E.Like your setup.
                          sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

[QUOTE=minnbill;395368]
                            A couple buddies ,(the guy i sold my big red house to)were on Red this wknd and did alright also. ate a few and took home 2 limits.Had to work hard for them though.But now with the slot being increased to 20'' its almost worthwhile to go up there and try.

I have some friends that were on Red between the holiday and did very well they were driving out from Rogers
                            sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                            members mark upright propane smoker
                            kingsford bbq
                            23"weber kettle

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_magnolia View Post
                              Beautiful pictures and WOW...that fish looks perfectly cooked! Love the idea of the cornbread. Thanks for sharing!
                              i messed up on the title Becky, its actually cornmeal. i used shore lunch's cornmeal variety breading. of all of the stuff they make it is me favorite.

i gotta give that pretzel gig a shot though...
                              Charbroil SFB
                              GOSM
                              MES
                              Dutch Ovens and other CI
                              Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                              Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

i messed up on the title Becky, its actually cornmeal. i used shore lunch's cornmeal variety breading. of all of the stuff they make it is me favorite.
                                No worries! Still looks fantastic!
                                Becky

https://www.facebook.com/jennie.r.smith.77?ref=tn_tnmn

Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Black
                                Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle - Copper
                                1993 Weber 22.5" Master Touch Kettle - Red
                                Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver Kettle - Budweiser
                                Weber Smokey Joe
                                Multiple Dutch Ovens and other Cast Iron
                                Pink Thermapen
                                Purple Thermapen

Comment

Working...
                                X