No announcement yet.

"Best Steak Houses"..... so they say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

111 chop house in Worcester, ma had a great dry aged sirloin...sides were pretty uneventful. Shame they use frozen lobster when a sister restaurant is one of the better seafood joints in town.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
      Bern's in Tampa/St Pete.
      Agreed.... you can get lost in their wine cellar, and the dessert/cigar room is a must !!!
      Ron

Weber Smokey Mountain
      GOSM x 2
      Vermont Casting Grill
      Black Thermapen (only color available in these parts)

Comment

Seeing Texas Roadhouse mentioned a few times which I agree serves a good steak I would highly recommend trying a LongHorn Steakhouse if you have one in your area. I have only eaten at one once, but it was exceptional as far as meat quality and the steak being cooked to order!
        --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
        www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Get yourself some UMAI Dry Age steak bags... A sub primal loin strip or rib and get it all vacuum sealed and let it dry age for 30 days in your fridge. Then slice it and cut off the aged stuff... Slice into steaks then on your smoker @ 225 until 110 degrees then do a reverse sear to 135...

I know this is slightly off topic but if your a steak lover... It won't get much better then this....

http://www.drybagsteak.com/

http://smokingpit.com/Info/UMAI-Dry-Aged-Steaks.htm
          Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
          Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
          SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
          Yoder Wichita
          Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
          Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
          Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

living in Teaxs I still have to say home grilled is still better
            If we go out for steak we hit a chain called saltgrass

Why is the rum always gone

Comment

I do like Cattleman's Steakhouse in Fabens, TX. Their Cowboy porterhouse is very good.

Another out of the way hole in the wall place here in New Mexico that has a great steak is the Adobe Deli. It does not look impressive or even safe to visit from the outside, but the food is great. It's very how you say...rustic. My wife hates the place just due to the appearance but once the food is on the table, its all good.

Comment

Re:

The best steaks I've ever had was when visiting family in Texas. (similarly, the best Bourbon I ever had was in Kentucky) I'm a firm believer in the old saying...."there is the selling kind and the keeping kind". LOL I'm know both of the Steak places have been sold and they are both long out of business.

But one Chef whose steak I'd like to try is Nick Stellino. I see him on TV from time to time. Here's his video:

http://www.nickstellino.com/Recipes/...?v=307a&men=30
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1URQgQWNo

Comment

Bally's Steakhouse in Las Vegas, try the Buffet from 11 to 3 PM ONLY Sunday.

Full on King Crab etc etc. Lobster omelet with special cheese, the guy will make it? Sure! Heck, ask the 'table', yes your table server to bring fresh raspberries for your $50 a bottle champagne and place them in the glass, all you can drink too. Amazing....

Only $90 a person. Not your normal Buffet, seats about 120 peeps max. Make reservations. I did it once, might again......

Comment

Well... I was in training years back in California. Millipedes was the city but we drove out to a steakhouse called Cattleman's. I can't remember which city, there are several of their restaurants in CA. Anyway I ordered the 32 oz. sirloin. They had a very long dry aging time. I think 28 days. You pick your meat and potatoes if you wish. The steak was so damn good I ate it all and man did I pay for that! I woke up at 3 AM curled up in a ball because my stomach was so stuffed and trying to deal with 2 lbs. of meat. Things calmed down after an hour and I went to sleep. Still one of the best burgers I have eaten.
                    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
                    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
                    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
                    Yoder Wichita
                    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
                    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
                    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

I want to eat here,

http://youtu.be/8EK6Ps-ujHc

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/03/134195...sense-of-taste
                      Last edited by Mark R; 10-20-2013, 06:51 AM.
                      Mark
                      sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                      Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

I agree with Bear... the best is what we cook! However, there is a place locally here in Dullaware called Firebirds. They cook strictly with wood fire... awesomeness fo' sho'! As soon as you drive into the parking lot, you smell smoke. It's the real deal. We also have the aforementioned Texas Roadhouse, Ootback, and the Longhorn... all respectable, butt not the same as what I wood do... just sayin'...

Best steak I ever had was a prime fillet cooked on a Weber Smokey Joe while on vacation. Freakin' awesome.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

The best Steak I ever had, other than my own smoked Prime Rib, was from "The Springtown Hotel", about 23 miles from my house, in Springtown. I haven't been there for a long time, because ever since they were featured in "Fine Dining" magazine, you have to make a reservation 2 weeks ahead of time, and you even have to reserve your Prime Rib (and what size).

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Originally posted by MossyMO View Post
                            Seeing Texas Roadhouse mentioned a few times which I agree serves a good steak I would highly recommend trying a LongHorn Steakhouse if you have one in your area. I have only eaten at one once, but it was exceptional as far as meat quality and the steak being cooked to order!
                            They now have a smoked sirloin steak

In the end I like rib eyes off my kettle with red hot coals stacked high.
                            Weber Smoky Joe
                            18" Weber Silver
                            22.5" Weber Gold
                            22.5" Weber Silver
                            UDS X 2
                            Masterbuilt 30" MES digital
                            Masterbuilt MES 40" digital
                            Masterbuilt cold smoke attachment
                            Char-Broil Big Easy 3 in 1
                            Char-Broil COS with Ron Fischer mods.
                            Dual Char-Broil BBQ Bistros
                            Blackstone three burner flat top
                            5" AMZNPS
                            Vortex x 2
                            Maverick ET 73
                            Maverick ET 732
                            Maverick Pro Temp instant read thermometer
                            Thermo Works Smoke Dual Channel Thermometer
                            Pitmaster iQue 110
                            sigpic

Comment

The last 2 times we ended up at our local steak house I had to send it back twice after the second time I didn't even want to eat anymore. I have got so used to the way I make them and so has everyone else that it's hard to go out to eat anymore, Love me a good Rib-eye...
                              God, Family and Friends is what it's all about. Great food just brings them all together... First John1:9...
                              Weber Performer Gold
                              Masterbuilt 26" twins
                              Big Chief Electric smoker
                              Brinkmann barrel smoker
                              LEM sausage stuffer
                              Cabela's pro HD grinder
                              Maverick ET-732
                              ThermoWorks Thermapen
                              GrillGrates

Comment

Churrascaria, not really a steak house but the meat is just amazing so if you ever get a chance go check it out. There are different chains out there like "Fogo de Chao" and "Texas de Brazil". It's all you can eat and a different dining experience.
                                Just call me Dave!

Comment

Working...
                                X