Holy pork butt prices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3montes View Post
    a bachelor party this weekend I'm cooking for. Not sure if I need to feed the strippers or not! But I need pork butts too.
    Just give them the bone....

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Pete
    Large BGE
    Char Broil Tru-Infrared Commercial series

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Love It !!

Bear
      Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
      Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

1.99/lb up here in Ontario Canada last week!!! Boneless.... ARGH!!
        www.facebook.com/butchcolquhoun _____________________________________________

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abelman View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.
          Now that's funny!! But I'm just the cook, a participant from behind the smoker

So I just got back from Restaurant Depot and bought cryo bone in butts for $1.25. Nothing wrong with these butts as I have bought and cooked them before to good result. I agree with Chisoxjim that fresh is best but the quantities I buy in that's not always possible when just wanting specific cuts of meat.

Also bought some very nice looking baby backs for $2.79 a lb. If they are as good as they look I will be happy.

I was disappointed in the way their beef ribs looked. Not much meat at all which is par for the course around here. I'm going to have to find a decent source for beef ribs.

So starting the prep work for the bachelor party tomorrow. Heading out to the party Friday morning. It's a 2 day 2 night affair. I'm doing ribs, beans and sweet corn Friday night and another guy is doing hams and turkey Saturday night.

It's out at some guys hunting property about 20 miles from here. I will get home Sunday morning. If I survive!
          G Spot BBQ Hittin' The Spot Since 2004

Comment

How do you feel about them now? Just got 2 butts local $3/Lb.
            In God I trust- All others pay cash...
            Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
            Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Picked up a couple at hyvee the other day for $1.99. Article in paper yesterday said we should start to see lower pork prices. The virus that was killing the babies is more under control and the addition of more sows.
              sigpic
              GMG Daniel Boone
              UDS
              Weber 22.5" Kettle (blk)
              Vision Kamado grill
              Weber Genesis Silver
              Smokin Tex
              MES 40 with legs Gen 2.5
              Maverick ET 732
              Brown and lime green ThermaPens
              2 orange ThermoPops
              A-Maze-N Tube 18"
              A-Maze-N Smoker 5"x8"
              Vortex

Comment

Case prices at Sam's as of yesterday were 1.49/lb. I think the days of.99/lb are long gone.
                sigpicbrinkman pitmaster deluxe
                members mark upright propane smoker
                kingsford bbq
                23"weber kettle

Comment

We usually pay 2.39 lb here, but just snagged some bone outs for 1.89 lb. Get it while you can. I like the fresh cut idea ,just need to find a local butcher.
                  Primo oval xl, Weber22.5 kettle, 22.5 Weber proforma

Fat Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son!" Dean Wormer, Faber College 1962

Comment

Pork prices jumped to record highs this year due to PEDV, a virus that killed millions of baby pigs this year...beef prices continue on at record highs due to a 63 year low in the herd size...but hey, gas is under $3 now so we're getting a "deal" there aren't we, not!

I have been tempted to get into the catering/food truck biz for a couple of years now, and if I ever do I will use a 10-15% annual increase in raw material costs for my biz plan.

Comment

I saw a sign for $1.79 per lb on the way home tonight.
                      ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

1.69 shoulder bone-in at Safeway this week.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeCreek View Post
                          I can still get a 80 pound case for $80 guess I better stock up....
                          Where is that at? Can't find any deer in central ky , maybe I should stock up on pork.

Comment

Upper 2's here yet. Just heard on radio it maybe going up again. This is the time of year the special beef cuts rise in price so the slaughter houses may pay more to get hogs. They want a cheaper alternative to beef. But who knows one day they say its going down then the next its going up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 206 View Post
                              1.69 shoulder bone-in at Safeway this week.
                              Thanks for the head up! Gotta git after some
                              sigpic

Comment

I just got a 15" vacuum sealer in today. Now to shop for a big daddy chest type freezer. I watched butts go from 99¢ to $3.99 and that don't make mama happy. If she ain't happy we are all miserable. Best price I've seen in a long time were some dual pack cryovac for $2.29 at a GFS.
                                sigpic
                                It's Better When Cooked in the Backyard and Served on the Porch
                                A man just can't have to many toys..
                                Akorn smoker

Comment

Working...
                                X