Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pit barrel cooker

any advice on me buying a pit barrel cooker versus d meat barrel

Welcome! Do you mean a horizontal cooker vs a vertical?
    sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
    Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
    Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

Originally posted by brat View Post
      any advice on me buying a pit barrel cooker versus d meat barrel
      They will both do what you want them for. I have the BBC and it took me awhile to get used to cooking in it. Mainly because the venting was not right for my elevation. Once I dialed it in I like it a whole lot better.

I say go with customer service, and the Pit Barrel Cooker has some of the best.

PBC Drum Smoker
      Bradley Digital 4 Rack
      THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
      Miss Piggy Smoker
      Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

Oh. Its a product. They both look cool. Welcome again
        sigpicSmoke meat, not crack
        Sullys bangin' ass jerkey-
        Pepperoni-Pernil-Spicy snack stix-Ryans crab cakes-Dip for smoked fish-Lox-Beer brittle-Pizza crust-Spinach and artichoke dip-Garlic link-Pizza Links-

Comment

I still don't understand the advantage of hangin meat in a barrel vs laying it on a cooking grate. Doesn't the part at the bottom closest to the fire get done sooner than the part at the top?
          ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

Originally posted by Bama BBQ View Post
            I still don't understand the advantage of hangin meat in a barrel vs laying it on a cooking grate. Doesn't the part at the bottom closest to the fire get done sooner than the part at the top?
            That was my thought. Makes sense, right? Then again, a drum is a whole different critter. I don't own one. Watched one in action at the Iowa gathering. (Earache My Eye) Also have a neighbor that built one. Seems to be a lot more moisture build up, from the design. Fat and water drip directly onto the coals, creating steam. Still baffled by it. Intrigued, really. Might have to build one.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Build a drum. See whatcha think. Never had a moisture issue

Comment

Don't think the poster really said what he want's. It's confusing. Maybe you can give links to the different smokers and it's plus/minuses.

He really gave a VERY basic ??? question, he might never be back. In the PC world I saw these posts all the time. Don't spend much effort to fill in the blanks for now, it's more a 'drive by' kinda post. See if he comes back and has better input.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderDome View Post
                  Build a drum. See whatcha think. Never had a moisture issue

Drums ROCK!!

Dave
                  CUHS Metal Shop Reverse Flow
                  UDS 1.0
                  Afterburner
                  Weber Performer
                  Blue Thermapen
                  Thermoworks Smoke with Gateway
                  Thermoworks Chef Alarm
                  Auber Smoker Controller
                  Proud Smoked-Meat Member #88
                  -
                  "All welcome, take what ya need, share what ya know. " -- Richtee, 12/2/2010

Comment

I have heard and read nothing but good about the PBC and plan on getting one in the spring... unless I hear different they sound like they are delicious to cook on!
                    --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
                    www.OwensBBQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bama BBQ View Post
                      Nope Make one/buy one and you will be very pleased once you get used to it. Just like any new cooker there is a learning curve. I hated mine until I learned how to cook with it. Now I think it makes the best dam chicken & ribs ever.

PBC Drum Smoker
                      Bradley Digital 4 Rack
                      THE BIG EASY INFRARED TURKEY FRYER
                      Miss Piggy Smoker
                      Sedona SD-9000 food dehydrator

Comment

Working...
                      X