Smelt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
    That would be amazing!! I've never been ice fishing at all. I think I would like it if I didn't get too cold.
    That pretty much sums it up now doesn't it...
    Craig
    sigpic

Comment

Ya, back in the day(80's) the whole state would head to superior to drink, drown and net smelt.

Lately the runs have been nonexistant in Superior, and its affecting the whole food chain.

Where do you suppose the smelt came from in Oklahoma?

Comment

Originally posted by redruff View Post
        Where do you suppose the smelt came from in Oklahoma?
        I dunno, butt last time I was there, I thought I smelt something...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

The smelt came from Canada. I still have some in the freezer, I'll try lighting one up and see what happens.
          jeanie

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
            That pretty much sums it up now doesn't it...
            I'm a fair weather fisherman. lol Not really.. but it would be nice to have one of those huts to fish in.
            jeanie

Comment

Ice fishing? Phoey. I used to go once a year, then remember why I didn't care for it.

It's one thing to fish from a shanty. Hell, you might as well be in your living room, with a fire blazing and the dog curled up on your feet.

Real men (which includes an awful lot of very tough women) sit on a bucket, out in the elements, imagining that a flag has popped, just for the warming up exercise of checking on it.

Don't care how you dress, dat dere wind will find a way in. Brrrrrrr.
              But we hae meat and we can eat
              And sae the lord be thanket

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricFoodie View Post
                Ice fishing? Phoey. I used to go once a year, then remember why I didn't care for it.

It's one thing to fish from a shanty. Hell, you might as well be in your living room, with a fire blazing and the dog curled up on your feet.

Real men (which includes an awful lot of very tough women) sit on a bucket, out in the elements, imagining that a flag has popped, just for the warming up exercise of checking on it.

Never got into ice fishing... been frozen a few times while cod fishing in February off the Jersey shore tho...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Ice fishin is a blast for me. Maybe because it does last long, or even happen, in Eastern WA.

Catching monster perch while sucking on the whiskey bottle. Comming back to my Mom's place and having a fish fry is something I look forward to.

Comment

Who needs a hut?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricFoodie View Post

I can handle the cold when I'm moving around but sitting on a bucket might get a bit chilly. Guess I could bring my ice skates and do figure 8's while I wait for the flag.

Originally posted by HawgHeaven View Post
                      Never got into ice fishing... been frozen a few times while cod fishing in February off the Jersey shore tho...
                      I would LOVE to go cod fishing. Let me know next time you go out.

Originally posted by 206 View Post
                      Ice fishin is a blast for me. Maybe because it does last long, or even happen, in Eastern WA.

Catching monster perch while sucking on the whiskey bottle. Comming back to my Mom's place and having a fish fry is something I look forward to.
                      Sucking on a whiskey bottle might change things. Bet that would keep me warm. lol That fish fry at your Mom's does sound mighty fine.
                      jeanie

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Sauce View Post
                        Who needs a hut?
                        Dang those are awesome!!!
                        jeanie

Comment

G. Loomis, Laker, St. Croix, and a pike.

All Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl View Post
                            ...I would LOVE to go cod fishing. Let me know next time you go out.
                            I certainly will... a bit of a ride 4U, butt very doable...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Working...
                            X