Charcoal and shoes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charcoal and shoes......

It just a good idea for wearin shoes when pourin your chimney into your Vortex.
    So Sunday I did just that...without shoes on. Came back out to put the food on and found the one coal that missed the Vortex...and the Weber. Had me reading glasses on so the grill was clear but the ground was not. No excuse I know better! Got a Silver Dollar sized blister in the middle of me right foot, I do have to walk all day at work so not much fun.
    So, use charcoal = wear shoes! Well any cookin outdoors!

Yes I said you a dumbass more than once!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
    Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Oh, no pic as not pretty!
    Mark
    sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
      It just a good idea for wearin shoes when pourin your chimney into your Vortex.
      So Sunday I did just that...without shoes on. Came back out to put the food on and found the one coal that missed the Vortex...and the Weber. Had me reading glasses on so the grill was clear but the ground was not. No excuse I know better! Got a Silver Dollar sized blister in the middle of me right foot, I do have to walk all day at work so not much fun.
      So, use charcoal = wear shoes! Well any cookin outdoors!

Yes I said you a dumbass more than once!
      Learned that lesson the hard way! At the old house, I had the smoker fired up, and did much the same thing. I was in the pool, got oot to check on things, and sure enough, the smell of burning flesh wafted thru the air. Sux when it's yer own flesh...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Yes this is very very very good practice.... I would like to add that, flip flops no do not count as shoes in this particular situation - don't ask me how I know, but I do!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
          Yes this is very very very good practice.... I would like to add that, flip flops no do not count as shoes in this particular situation - don't ask me how I know, but I do!
          Great advice! Actually, open toed footwear is not good in the kitchen either... not allowed in the restaurant biz for sure.

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
            been there too. Normal shoes for me from now on around the smoker or grill.
            Mike
            Life In Pit Row

Comment

Had a pair of flipitty flops on while prepping some veggies in the home kitchen, and the knife took a leap from my hand to my right foot. Let's just say, I said a few choice words, and never did that again...

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

We won't say nuthin bout frying fish outdoors in sandels.......with Hush Puppies!

Yup!
                Mark
                sigpic

Comment

Couple times I have been putting meat on the grill... sniffsniff...I smell rubber burning... smoke rolling out under my SHOE sole..
                  In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                  Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                  Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Been there, done that, got the blister to show for it. Have always wore shoes when cookin' since that happened.
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by BYBBQ View Post
                      Been there, done that, got the blister to show for it. Have always wore shoes when cookin' since that happened.
                      AN we know better to start with!
                      Mark
                      sigpic

Comment

Done it all, more than once. Shame on me.
                        sigpicYeah...that's right...I'm smokin'.

The GOOD ONE smoker grill
                        Weber 22 1/2 Wannabe (aka WW)
                        Weber 22 1/2 Silver One Touch
                        Smokey Joe New model, Smokey Joe 1984 model
                        fire pit in the yard
                        10 & 12 Lodge DO,
                        Maverick ET73, ET732.
                        A-MAZE-N SMOKER 5x8, RED HOT Thermapen
                        MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric smoker

Rick

Comment

I learned this the Easy Way!!!

By reading posts like this over the last 6 years!

Thanks Mark----Sorry about your little Tootsie!!

Bear
                          Vietnam Vet---9th Inf. Div. Mekong Delta (1969)
                          Easy to follow Step By Steps: Pulled Cured Boston Butt Ham and Buckboard Bacon--Smoked Salmon-- Bacon-On-A-Stick--Bacon (Extra Smokey)--Boneless Cured & Smoked Pork Chops & CB--Canadian Bacon & Dried Beef--Ham Twins (Double Smoked)--Double Smoked Hams X 4--Bear Logs (All Beef--Unstuffed)--Smoked Bear Loaf (All Beef-Mild Hot)--Prime Rib (My Best ever)--Another Prime Rib--Chucky (Pulled Beef)--Twin Chuckies--Pork and Beef Spares--Rare Beef (for Sammies)--Raspberry Chiffon Pie---

Mom & 4 Cub litter---Potter County, PA:

Comment

Was wearing me running shoes and have had embers do a sneaky sneak and get down between the shoe and sock or melt a hole through the top...Most of my flip flops have had sole damage from stepping on something hot

I know that sucks Mark...I recently had a hurt wheel and the Dr. injected the bottom of my foot through the top of the foot for access...HOOOO REEEEEE COWWWW. The steroid flare had me walkin' like a robot for about 4 days!
                            BBQ Eng.

The "Cow Girls" were adopted from the shelter, and found on petfinder.com.
                            Adopt a homeless pet - http://www.petfinder.com
                            I built the Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden Smoker Build

Over 5000 unreadable posts...Photobucket can kiss my ass...they will never get a dime. I will not pay a ransom.

Comment

As i read thru this I am thinking,

Did this one, Did that one, yep been there done that.....

And all along the way LAMO
                              Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X