Main Menu
Module Jump:
Active Threads
0 John Force Taken To The Hospital
Last Post: Slanted88
Posted On: 02-25-2018
Replies: 7
Views: 50
0 When your away from home and need to smoke...
Replies: 19
Views: 177
0 Yakisoba with steak and shrimp
Last Post: Fishawn
Replies: 9
Views: 98
0 Hangin out
Replies: 7
Views: 68
0 USDA Prime Beef Tenderloin
Last Post: Bassman
Replies: 12
Views: 94
More...
Mini Stats
Members 7,583 Entries 1
Members Entries
Threads 43,387 Reviews 1
Threads Reviews
Posts 651,913 Polls 37
Posts Polls
Content 0 Files 2
Content Files
Links 0 Ads 1
Links Ads
More...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Shoot it, Cook it, Eat it

RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
Default A Couple of Turkeys

After stuffing ourselves with the breakfast fatty and armadillo eggs, I got the turkeys in the smoker.

I forgot to take pics of preperation. Since these were "enhanced", I didn't see any reason to brine them. But, it was a great opportunity to teach my son how to inject a bird. We injected them with some butter & herb marinade.

I had not seen these birds before hand. Son got them from work. They were bigger than I would have liked, but I just changed the game plan. The GOSM can reach higher temps. So I put in a mix of apple and cherry, and turned it up to 350. After 2 1/2 hours, I rotated racks and stuck probes into the thigh area. 146 and 148. Looking good.

Two more hours and they hit 170. I pulled them out, covered up with foil and threw a couple heavy towels over them right on the table. Threw in some Portabella caps stuffed with crab and cream cheese, and ABTs with cream cheese and cheddar. (camera died for those)

The juices just ran out of it when I sliced it up. A light smoke ring, but very good flavor. Everyone enjoyed it and we've got lots of leftovers for some really good eating.

#ADS  
 is online
Smoked-Meat Ads

Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Mistfit ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All
Texas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To AllTexas-Hunter Is  A Name Known To All

Great looking color Ray. Smoked turkey is the bomb.. And the leftovers are great as well.

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 AM
The Mad Hunky!

Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All
Richtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To AllRichtee Is  A Name Known To All

Mmmm... Those be some purty birds!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Shoot it, Cook it, Eat it

RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All
RowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To AllRowdyRay Is  A Name Known To All

Thanks. It wasn't easy. It was 10 below when I got started. The gas line actually froze while making the fatty. I turned the valves back and forth and it took off. I made it through without any more problems. Had me worried though.

I can't wait to make some creamy wild rice soup with the leftovers.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:34 PM
in Memoriam

Capt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodCapt Dan Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

them birds look awesome Ray! You fed them kids well now didn't ya?

I bet the grandson liked the chicken!
Great thread!;)

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)
Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Got to smoke

Smoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling GodSmoke Doc Is Becoming A Smoking & Grilling God

Need to get a bird out, that looks good.
________
Weed vaporizers

Last edited by Smoke Doc; 04-19-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Smoked-Meat Forums > Poultry